Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Passenger Trains > Billionaire Koch Brothers Destroying High Speed Rail In

Date: 11/14/14 08:21
Billionaire Koch Brothers Destroying High Speed Rail In
Author: run8

Date: 11/14/14 09:09
Re: Billionaire Koch Brothers Destroying High Speed Rai
Author: stash

Construction has begun on the new railroad. Not much to destroy yet. The article seems more like a rant.

Date: 11/14/14 10:09
Author: Lackawanna484

The Koch brothers are the red flag for the lefties. The root of all evil. Just like Hillary Clinton is the red flag for bulls on the far right.

Facts don't matter, just mentioning these folks gets the base all fired up.

Date: 11/14/14 10:12
Author: Electromotive

The article speaks about high speed rail to nowhere in California through the Central Valley. I would much rather see all that money spent on desalination plants if we must spend money that we can't afford here in California.

Date: 11/14/14 10:17
Author: ffrailey

As leads (intros) to magazine articles go, this is pretty lame. Reminds me of the start of term papers in high school when you can't think of any other way to begin, i.e, As I began to look at the origins of the Civil War, I expected to find honorable men etc. If the object of the piece is to expose the role of the Brothers Koch, then she could have gotten to her point a lot quicker. Did she nail them? I don't know. I gave up.

Fred

Date: 11/14/14 10:59
Author: floridajoe2001

There can be little doubt that very rich and powerful people use their wealth to influence political action.

And now that the Supreme Court has ruled that "money is free speech": people like the Koch brother are a lot "freer" than you or I. If they want to cause difficulties for passenger rail, they will.

The trick is how to persuade these wealthy people to support, rather than object to, passenger rail. Florida has had some success in this regard; with a wealthy and powerful corporation (FEC, Inds.) deciding they like passenger rail and want to invest in it.

But nothing is for sure in politics. Should people like the Koch brothers decide; for their own reasons; they want to stop the All-Aboard-Florida project; they would not hesitate for one second in attempting to influence our Governor to make things as difficult as possible for FEC, Inds.

Joe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/14 11:01 by floridajoe2001.

Date: 11/14/14 11:07
Author: Lackawanna484

from the Our Time website. These are the folks who published the anti-Koch screed. They have similar pieces of interest on the shooting in Ferguson MO, and on Elizabeth Warren's candidacy.

"That’s why we launched attn:, a media company to inform and empower people so they can help enact social change.

We create content that breaks down complex issues, makes politics interesting, and analyzes the world from the perspective of the social media generation. In lieu of passivity, we prefer to give our followers vehicles to take action.

Our editorial point of view is pro-equality, pro-science, pro-social responsibility, and pro-politically-activating people."

Date: 11/14/14 11:26
Author: darkcloud

Well I'm pro-player stadium.

Haha, got a laugh out of how this idiot quotes that CAHSR blog idiot and his favorite term: HSR Deniers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/14 11:27 by darkcloud.

Date: 11/14/14 11:35
Author: kdrtrains

Well we are all whores and the rich, both sides, own the whore house! (smile)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0398 seconds