Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Passenger Trains > LD train arrivals at Chicago

Date: 01/27/15 17:37
LD train arrivals at Chicago
Author: Winnemucca

Long Distance trains arrived at Chicago Union Station today, January 27, 2015 as follows :

#4 - 39 mins early.
#6 - 1 hr, 3 mins early.
#8 - 46 mins late.
#22 - 11 mins late.
#29 - 2 hrs, 58 mins late.
#49 - 25 mins late.
#851 - 21 mins early.
#58 - 30 mins late.

All trains departed their originating stations within 5 mins of "On Time" (or were reported On Time, or early, at some point in their route).

John Webb
Trinidad, CA

Date: 01/27/15 18:07
Re: LD train arrivals at Chicago
Author: MEKoch

I hope the times on #6 are correctly stated. If #6, the CZ, leaves Galesburg at 11:31 a.m. as noted in the timetable, but it could leave a bit earlier, since this is only a "discharge" stop in the timetable. Then arrives in Chicago one hour & 3 minutes early at 1:47 p.m. (instead of 2:50 p.m.). That means it ran off the 162 miles in 2:16 with two intermediate stops! Or maybe a few minutes more, if they left a bit early.

In any case, a great run on the BNSF, and comparable to the Denver Zephyr which had a 2:07 schedule in 1957 with no stops.

Date: 01/27/15 18:39
Author: KimHeusel

MEKoch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope the times on #6 are correctly stated. If
> #6, the CZ, leaves Galesburg at 11:31 a.m. as
> noted in the timetable, but it could leave a bit
> earlier, since this is only a "discharge" stop in
> the timetable. Then arrives in Chicago one hour &
> 3 minutes early at 1:47 p.m. (instead of 2:50
> p.m.). That means it ran off the 162 miles in
> 2:16 with two intermediate stops! Or maybe a few
> minutes more, if they left a bit early.
>
> In any case, a great run on the BNSF, and
> comparable to the Denver Zephyr which had a 2:07
> schedule in 1957 with no stops.

According to Amtrak status report, No. 6 did indeed arrive Chicago 1:03 early. It left Galesburg 20 minutes early.

Date: 01/30/15 10:55
Author: railrunner

see no.8 is getting in to Chicago close to on time these days.is BN trying to keep it on time these days,or whats going on??? ill be on it Feb11 out of Seattle going to Columbus Wis,then try to get no.7 there Friday so I can spend the 14th which is my birthday on the choo choo!! yep,i was born on Feb 14!!! so try to spend it on no.7 each year west bound.in case heres any Train order folks on it I wont be hard to spot in my power blue suit.will be in the sleeper of course.stop and say hi if your on it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds