Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Passenger Trains > Cardinal running today?

Date: 02/27/15 06:26
Cardinal running today?
Author: P

Per a post on the Eastern board, the line is now open for traffic - perhaps only one track of two.

It was announced that the line was opened yesterday afternoon. Since the cardinal doesn't run in Thursdays, no big deal, but it does run Fridays, I.e. Today.

So, is the train running today? If not, why not? They knew yesterday the line would be open.

Date: 02/27/15 07:49
Re: Cardinal running today?
Author: PC1974

I suggest reading the following post:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,3673255

Date: 02/27/15 19:18
Author: P

PC1974 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I suggest reading the following post:
>
> http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,3
> 673255

That's an old post that predates the announcement that the line would open.

My post was somewhat sarcastic, I have no faith in Amtrak to be nimble and run the train with an announcement within 24 hours of the next scheduled departure. Normal people would think that Amtrak would be in close communication with CSX and know before the general public that the line would open and run their train if the line was open. It's just easier to leave the train parked, so that is what Amtrak is doing.

Date: 02/27/15 20:00
Author: ghartman

didn't run chi-indy today either, anyone know why?

Date: 02/27/15 20:59
Author: The_Chief_Way

the longer they keep canceling it, the fewer operable locomotives and thawed out cars
are needed in CHI

Date: 02/28/15 07:09
Author: AmHog

Last I heard 50 was supposed to run its full schedule tonight if they can scrounge up an engine for it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds