Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Passenger Trains > Off topic Harrison Ford crash reporting

Date: 03/06/15 09:01
Off topic Harrison Ford crash reporting
Author: elu34ch

The rail industry is not the only venue where reporting is poor. This article says the plane lost power shortly after takeoff, but later states emergency was declared 20 minutes after takeoff. Mama Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Reporters.....

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/harrison-ford-survives-crash-landing-golf-course-084238945.html

Date: 03/06/15 09:56
Re: Off topic Harrison Ford crash reporting
Author: rswebber

Let's be honest here. Intelligence and logic are no longer requirements for reporting or politics. Popularity, typically engendered by looks, is FAR more critical.

I have received a number of e-mails from friends (who think they know my political stance) with images of GOP women vs Dem women, and Fox reporters vs MSNBC/CNN reporters. In each case, there is absolutely no attempt to say "these women are brilliant" or "these are very competent" or even "these women are better than average reporters (or politicians)." No. It always "Look how HOT these chicks are". That is, unfortunately, the demographic you're looking at.

It's akin to the cliche about any accident in the South being preceded by the quote "hey bubba, hold my beer and watch this".

Unfortunately, the smarter, more intelligent, more worldly, more thoughtful, more expert you are now, the more you are seen as being "out of touch" or less than egalitarian. The dumber you are, the more likely you will make it big in politics (see certain governor's remarks lately).

The reports of tank car accidents, commuter rail accidents, Amtrak issues - in fact ANY transportation issues are very often poorly reported. It gets no better with police or military reporting. Anything with wheels and bigger than a bread truck is "a tank". But then, as a country, and as a listener/reader - you get what you put into it and what you deserve.

Date: 03/06/15 10:36
Author: trainjunkie

The media is way off. This is what really happened.

Date: 03/06/15 10:47
Author: P

trainjunkie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The media is way off. This is what really
> happened.

Thanks for that. lol

Date: 03/06/15 11:37
Author: elu34ch

trainjunkie Wrote:
> The media is way off. This is what really happened.

IOTD. Outstanding junkie!

Date: 03/06/15 11:44
Author: cchan006

trainjunkie Wrote:
> happened.

Thanks for the laughs! No mention of Chewbacca anywhere, so this must be an alien conspiracy.

Date: 03/06/15 11:47
Author: kevink

I heard the last radio transmission was "I have a bad feeling about this."

Unapologetic Star Wars Geek

Date: 03/06/15 12:20
Author: RFandPFan

Nice! Thanks for the laugh.

Date: 03/06/15 14:52
Author: bobgfla

were is this i would like to go see it ??

Date: 03/06/15 16:29
Author: prr4828

trainjunkie Wrote:
> happened.

Hmm ... I guess whomever created the graphic didn't know that the Millennium Falcon normally flies the other way while in an atmosphere. Perhaps reading Haynes Enthusiast's Guide "Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual. If you'd like a copy, here's a link:

http://www.haynes.co.uk/millenniumfalcon/

:-)

* JB *

Date: 03/06/15 20:34
Author: SP4360

Take a Mulligan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0451 seconds