Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Passenger Trains > Crescent (19) and City of New Orleans (58) questions

Date: 03/28/15 15:05
Crescent (19) and City of New Orleans (58) questions
Author: pennengineer

Hello all,
For trip planning purposes I would be most appreciative if someone could provide me with the following information:

• How long is the southbound Crescent's dwell time in Washington?
  • Which meals are normally served in the diner on the southbound Crescent and the northbound City of New Orleans?
  • Any particular highlights on either route that I should be sure not to miss?
I have been unable to find the answers to these questions (the first two, at least) in the archive or elsewhere online.

Many thanks in advance!

Date: 03/28/15 16:16
Re: Crescent (19) and City of New Orleans (58) questions
Author: howeld

On the City of NO the trip around Lake Pontchartrain is nice.  Views of Chicago are nice especially from the St Charles Air line. 

Date: 03/28/15 16:22
Author: DFWJIM

The Crescent seems to be one of those trains that does not generate too much news on Trainorders.com.

Date: 03/28/15 17:02
Author: J-1a3235

The meals served on the Crescent from NYP to NOL are:Dinner,Breakfast,Lunch, and Dinner. The dinner period may be abbreviated so the Diner Crew can finish their work before arriving in NOL.

The City of New Orleans serves Dinner and Breakfast. An "express" breakfast is served due to the 9:00 arrival into CHI.

Mike

Date: 03/28/15 20:17
Author: RevRandy

Crescent is scheduled for a 6 pm arrival and a 6:30pm departure at Washington. 

Date: 03/28/15 20:29
Author: jp1822

RevRandy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Crescent is scheduled for a 6 pm arrival and a
> 6:30pm departure at Washington. 

I have had dinner on the Crescent prior to and during arrival into Washington DC. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0636 seconds