Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Passenger Trains > Passenger Action at Santa Clara, CA

Date: 03/28/15 16:50
Passenger Action at Santa Clara, CA
Author: norm1153

One day this last week I spent the afternoon, and most of the night, getting video of various actions that happen at Santa  Clara Depot.  The short stretch of track betwee San Jose, and the junction visible just north of the Santa Clara Depot, plays host to Caltrain, Amtrak, UP freight, Capital Corridor, and ACE (Altamont Commuter Express).  Locals, limited and express trains run through.

Here is a link to the 10 minute video. I hope you enjoy it:

http://westcoastspecial.com/SClaraAction.html

Thanks,
Norm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/15 10:36 by norm1153.

Date: 03/29/15 15:48
Re: Passenger Action at Santa Clara, CA
Author: cnw400

Outstanding  My how Santa Clara has changed.  Great video  Thanks

Date: 03/29/15 18:38
Author: railwaybaron

I'm happy to see that young railfans and future railfans have a place to go that reminds me of the frequency and diversity of railroading as I knew it as a kid albeit sans-proper F-units. Although the F40s have their charm.

Date: 03/29/15 20:11
Author: SPB

Thanks for posting.  Fun to watch.  You really put in the hours to make that video.

Date: 03/30/15 12:56
Author: chakk

That ACE commuter train seemed quite empty.   Wonder if their service is at risk of being cut back?

Date: 03/30/15 17:40
Author: norm1153

The ACE train gets a huge boarding at the next station after Santa Clara, which is Great America.  There are a plethora of small shuttle vehicles that bring passengers to the station.  Within five minutes of train arrival, the platform (admittedly kinda narrow) is solidly packed shoulder to shoulder for its full length. 

Also I understand there's a significant boarding at Centerville/Fremont, as well.

Date: 03/31/15 11:39
Author: jmonier

There's also an important bus connection to BART at Pleasanton.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds