Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Passenger Trains > Sleeper car question

Date: 04/23/15 13:03
Sleeper car question
Author: zfan

I'm riding the #6 to Denver this weekend.  Is it true they've cut back on service and there's no ice provided anymore?  Thanks in advance.

Date: 04/23/15 13:11
Re: Sleeper car question
Author: railaddict

There is not supposed to be a public ice chest available any more.  But I do think ice is available by asking your attendant.

Date: 04/23/15 14:34
Author: loco4501

My sleeper on #98 has ice.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/23/15 14:51
Author: RevRandy

Well, my sweet tea vodka on tomorrow's 92 is surely hoping there's ice available in my sleeper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/15 14:51 by RevRandy.

Date: 04/23/15 15:25
Author: phil-s

It's a crapshoot. SCAs are not supposed to put ice out any more but many do anyway because it's a pain in everyone's ass to fetch it from the cafe car or diner. If you can find your SCA, she will probably be happy to fetch ice. If you can't find him, you can get it from the same cars yourself. If late and cafe car is closed, with luck you can find the ice for yourself in the diner.

Date: 04/23/15 19:40
Author: jp1822

It was on some LD trains I was on last fall....removing ice was supposed to happen, but that is just taking things too far. As is the water. I did have to hunt that down between the sleepers and that was annoying. Unfortunately I have to drink a ton of water due to a kidney problem....

Date: 04/24/15 08:22
Author: andersonb109

What will be next. Pay toilets?

Date: 04/24/15 08:45
Author: Jishnu

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What will be next. Pay toilets?

Please don't give Rep Mica new ideas to pursue :P

Date: 04/24/15 09:55
Author: chendermi

Is the removal of the ice chest from the sleepers a health issue or cost issue?  Seemed like it could be a problem to have an open container of ice into which anybody could dip a dirty container.

Date: 04/24/15 14:15
Author: P

chendermi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is the removal of the ice chest from the sleepers
> a health issue or cost issue?  Seemed like it
> could be a problem to have an open container of
> ice into which anybody could dip a dirty
> container.

That is my question as well.

Date: 04/24/15 17:59
Author: Technology-Jeske

When they did have ice (opposite the stairwell) they were very picky as to ensure the proper health codes rules were followed, for good reason... I.E -- not putting the metal scooper in the box with the ice when done with it.

There was no ice last week from STL>DAL, and I doubt there will be any from DAL>LAX tomorrow.

I'll have a 12 pack of Shiner and I sure wish there was ice to keep it cold.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0328 seconds