Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Passenger Trains > Mayor "Engineer Was Wreckless" Nutter At 30th St

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 05/18/15 09:48
Mayor "Engineer Was Wreckless" Nutter At 30th St
Author: Out_Of_Service

i wonder if " Rush To Judgement Blame The Engineer" Mayor Nutter who was at 30th St checked the engineer's credentials before the train took off on it't nb run this morning from 30th St.

excerpt from the artcle:

"About 60 people boarded the New York-bound train in Philadelphia, including two dozen reporters and photographers. Mayor Michael Nutter was on hand to see the train off and hugged the first passenger in line, Mary Schaheen, of Philadelphia."

full artcle here:

http://news.yahoo.com/amtrak-restore-full-northeast-corridor-052049409--finance.html

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/15 09:51 by Out_Of_Service.

Date: 05/18/15 11:00
Re: Mayor "Engineer Was Wreckless" Nutter At 30th St
Author: MaryMcPherson

Do we have another mayor who figures keeping his mug plastered all over the news is the ticket to catapulting himself into higher office?  Didn't work for New York Rudy, who tried to ride 9/11 into bigger and better things (unless you count Fox News punditry as a bigger gig).

This isn't 9/11, and Nutter isn't exactly putting his best face forward.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 05/18/15 11:02
Author: wa4umr

Hi!  I'm your friendly polititian.  I don't really do anything.  I dont't have to.  I just have to get out there, kiss some babies, make some popular statements, and make you think I'm doing something so you will re-elect me or my friends, or remember me when I go for a higher position.   Then there's always a reporter to embelish it a bit more.  "Just now, live on our WKRP Live Action News Exclusive," the mayor told us exclusively that the train rolled over 17 times and then flipped end over end another 6 times and slid into the high speed freight yard like Billy Hamilton stealing 3rd base.  They don't know what they are talking about and frankly, even with some uninformed comments here on Trainorders, I tend to put more faith in what I read here than what I hear on the news.

John

Date: 05/18/15 11:10

WKRP....  As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL

Date: 05/18/15 11:15
Author: mopacrr

Part of the problem with news organizations today is that they are not content to  just report the news,but they like to create it  as well . Any kind of accident is usually embellished with all kinds of human drama and a clueless uniformed public buys into it. Unless the mayor of Philadelphia has an extensive knowledge of railroad operations and operating rules ,which I doubt that he does;he would be well advised to keep his opinions to himself until all the facts are in.

Date: 05/18/15 11:19
Author: elu34ch

Ok all conspiracy theorists. Here's the story as laid out by NTSB: The train was traveling twice the limit with no mechanical issues. For some reason there are TO members who can't seem to understand the engineer is at fault. He's the captain. He's responsible for the safe operation of the train. These posts that take personal shots at 3rd parties are neither productive or accurate.

Date: 05/18/15 11:19
Author: msdgbar

All this mayor is doing is pumping up his chest seeking a big payday for him and his city. This nut case needs to keep his mouth shut and wait till all of the facts come in. I have many doughts that the engineer is totally at fault here. So lets just wait till all of the facts are in. Please. 

Date: 05/18/15 11:28
Author: Jishnu

Just because there was loss of situational awareness does not mean that it was deliberate (as mayor insiuated in his insensitive and porrly thought out comment) and that there were not mitigating circumstances causing such. It is ironical that one of those circumstances might be because Hizzoner and his vaunted Police Department, who were eager to convict the engineer, have no control over what the citizens under their charge do to the railroad in North Philadelphia. Under those circumstances I would consider it prudent to keep ones trap shut. maybe he has managed to educate himself about such, after apparently claiming that he was sure that the projectile incicents in North philly had nothing to do with this accident too.

Date: 05/18/15 11:35
Author: santafe199

MaryMcPherson Wrote: > WKRP....  As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Mary, that is absolutely priceless! I went into convulsions of laughter that made the dog run out of the room barking. Thank you for giving me my heartist chuckle of the year (so far... ;^)

Lance

Date: 05/18/15 11:41

elu34ch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok all conspiracy theorists. Here's the story as
> laid out by NTSB: The train was traveling twice
> the limit with no mechanical issues. For some
> reason there are TO members who can't seem to
> understand the engineer is at fault. He's the
> captain. He's responsible for the safe operation
> of the train. These posts that take personal shots
> at 3rd parties are neither productive or
> accurate.
>  

"for some reason there are TO members who can't seem to
> understand the engineer is at fault."

another individual who I AM CLEARLY THANKFUL that isn't a member or a person involved anyway with the NTSB investigation to come to such a conclusion not taking into account any direct or indirect factors that could have affected the engineers control of the train, before the investigation is fully concluded and the NTSB has made public their findings which is going to take over a year ...

again with your biased opinion on Guilt there would be no need for an investigation and see what tax payers a whole lot of money

even as the NTSB has discounted the bullet impact, they did state and are still investigating with the assistance of the FBI the grapefruit sized impact damage on the windshield was pre accidental ...

as Charlie Harper's therapist would say "POT KETTLE POT KETTLE" ...

because with your statement Mr E-L unit what you're doing is the same thing as the what you call "the cospiracy theorists" just with the opposite conclusions of guilt ... so you are no different than anybody else with their opinion that there are mitigating circumstances in the engineer's actions that have yet to be proven or not proven and only time will tell

Posted from Android

Date: 05/18/15 11:46

Jishnu Wrote:
> Just because there was loss of situational
> awareness does not mean that it was deliberate (as
> mayor insiuated in his insensitive and porrly
> thought out comment) and that there were not
> mitigating circumstances causing such. It is
> ironical that one of those circumstances might be
>because Hizzoner and his vaunted Police
> Department, who were eager to convict the
> engineer, have no control over what the citizens
> under their charge do to the railroad in North
> Philadelphia. Under those circumstances I would
> consider it prudent to keep ones trap shut. maybe
> he has managed to educate himself about such,
> after apparently claiming that he was sure that
> the projectile incicents in North philly had
> nothing to do with this accident too.

"because Hizzoner and his vaunted Police
> Department, who were eager to convict the
> engineer,"

I had an incident on Saturday at a hobby shop in Jersey in which i had a HEATED ENCOUNTER (putting it litely) with a Philadelphia policeman who fits this description perfectly and who must've drank GALLONS of the mayor's Kool Aid that apparently must've been given out to all the precincts in Philly ... I don't have time to post it right now but I will in time ...

of course with my sarcastic personality I had this guy soooooo riled up he was looking like Mr Pitts of Seinfeld fame with Pitts having the paint stain mustache under his nose banging on the glass encased counter of the store like Adolf himself ... the only emotionally action that was missing from this guy was the Heil Hitler salute ... although I would've rather preferred the character portrayal of Dr Strangelove
with the black glove stangling his own throat ...

of course I found the whole encounter very amusing and humorous unlike the affected policeman ... if he was a cartoon character his head would have been the size of a beach ball with steam coming out of his ears ...

Posted from Android

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/15 12:35 by Out_Of_Service.

Date: 05/18/15 13:10
Author: stash

Actually, the Conductor is the captain.

elu34ch Wrote:
> Ok all conspiracy theorists. Here's the story as
> laid out by NTSB: The train was traveling twice
> the limit with no mechanical issues. For some
> reason there are TO members who can't seem to
> understand the engineer is at fault. He's the
> captain. He's responsible for the safe operation
> of the train. These posts that take personal shots
> at 3rd parties are neither productive or
> accurate.
>  

Posted from Android

Date: 05/18/15 14:39

Conductor = Captain Kirk
Engineer = Mr. Scott
Assistant Conductor = Spock minus the excessive logic

Come to think of it, if we continue with the Star Trek analogy, this would make the lounge car LSA Dr. McCoy; being the one with the keys to the liquor cabinet, this individual is the one who keeps the passengers "medicated."

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL

Date: 05/18/15 15:41
Author: SANSR

Engage!

Date: 05/18/15 16:16
Author: rev66vette

This is one of the most refreshing threads I've read in a long time....I was wondering if anyone else felt the way I did about this '"leader"  who is nothing more than a grand-stander. He can't seem to get enough of the camera.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/15 16:17 by rev66vette.

Date: 05/18/15 16:44
Author: TomPlatten

I think it is pretty obvious by now that an errant UAV crashed into the locomotive causing confusion and disorientation to the engineer!
Now the conspiracy question is, who was in control of the UAV?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/15 16:46 by TomPlatten.

Date: 05/18/15 17:24
Author: kdrtrains

The reverend Al Nutter!

Date: 05/18/15 17:29

How's about defining what an UAV is for us unfamiliar.

I'm assuming we can rule out Underwater Assault Vehicle, Unauthorized Apple Vendor and Unapproved Anti-Virus.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL

Date: 05/18/15 17:35
Author: rbmn5022

MaryMcPherson Wrote:
> How's about defining what an UAV is for us
> unfamiliar.
>
> I'm assuming we can rule out Underwater Assault
> Vehicle, Unauthorized Apple Vendor and Unapproved
> Anti-Virus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unmanned_aerial_vehicle

Date: 05/18/15 17:52

Ah.  We certainly do love our abbreviations these days.

Drone would have taken to long to say? (Long running inside joke, by the way)

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1043 seconds