Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Passenger Trains > Fluggen' 6 at Gorge

Date: 05/20/15 14:33
Fluggen' 6 at Gorge
Author: BoilingMan

Out Fluggenphoamin today.  Hmmmm...   not a particularly dramatic shot- I think I need to "man up" and really fly that thing out there!    (Hey, it was REALLY windy- back off!)
SR

Date: 05/20/15 18:28
Re: Fluggen' 6 at Gorge
Author: SP4360

Cool shot. I really need to get one of these whirlygigs.

Date: 05/20/15 20:24
Author: atsf121

Looks like a model railroad in that view with the curve if the train and the drop off in front.  Nice photo!

Nathan

Date: 05/20/15 20:36
Author: IC_2024

Yeah, I'll "back off" SR, but when we get a calm day, you better fly that thing "like you stole it" and get a LOT higher-- and I mean the drone, for all you old hippies!! Lol
Nice shot, BTW

Date: 05/20/15 20:47

Hey Mark- was that you guys today?
SR

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/20/15 22:27
Author: IC_2024

BoilingMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Mark- was that you guys today?
> SR
>
> Posted from iPhone

Nope, I was WB.

Date: 05/20/15 23:23
Author: jmf1910

IC_2024 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, I'll "back off" SR, but when we get a calm
> day, you better fly that thing "like you stole it"
> and get a LOT higher-- and I mean the drone, for
> all you old hippies!! Lol
> Nice shot, BTW

I think you should try to go for the "MJ" cab view and float the drone from north of the tracks looking back south. That would provide a nice vantage above the tracks and down into the North Fork American River Valley (just like with your first shot from Gorge of the eastbound stacker). I've really enjoyed all of your fluggenphoamin shots--they are spectular! Thanks for the good history lessons (and photos) on the nostalgia board as well. I'm looking forward to your next adventure!

John

Date: 05/21/15 07:22

Oooooooooh..... "MJ" view! Gotcha. Couldn't figure that one out for the life of me! (For the viewers at home: He's referring to the engineer on 6, Mark J)
Well, it sounds like you're describing a video idea and I'm not making movies- just stills. Video to me is kind of the equivalent of walking and chewing gum (stills are hard enough with out having to manage time & sound! WAY too many dimensions!!)
But this aspect of the hobby is exploding and Donner Pass is too obvious a subject, so I won't have this place to my self for long- you'll get "engineer's eye view" movies soon enough!
SR

Oh, and thanks for the kind words, especially concerning the historical Necro stuff- that's truly where my heart's at!

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds