Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Passenger Trains > A Ride to Nashville on the Music City Star

Date: 05/26/15 19:24
A Ride to Nashville on the Music City Star
Author: tq-07fan

I have wanted to do I have been wanting to ride the Music City Star since started up in 2006. This Memorial Day weekend I ended up with four days off in a row and took advantage, visiting Tennessee and a little bit of Arkansas. After a quick stop at the hotel here in Lebanon we went to the station. Both Music City Star trainsets originate from Lebanon morning and afternoon which makes possible a quick round trip with an hour and half to spend in Nashville.
1) Music City Star train 156 has pushed into the station at Lebanon under threatening clouds. 
2) Music City Star Train 157 boarding passengers at Riverfront Station in Nashville Tennessee. Rain and clouds have gone away.
3) Music City Circuit Bus with the Riverfront Station to the left. That station was built in 2005-6 but looks like it could have been around in 1905.

Date: 05/26/15 19:27
Re: A Ride to Nashville on the Music City Star
Author: tq-07fan

After riding the Music City Circuit buses to take pictures of the State Capitol we rode back to the Riverfront Station for the last train to Lebanon that leaves at 5:45 pm, except Fridays. There seamed to be good ridership for a thirty three mile commuter run that competes with multilane I-40. The trip itself is quite pleasant scenerywise, not as good as ACE or NM Railrunner but you get to see farms and forests. Overall we enjoyed our trip on the Music City Star.
4) Music City Star train 161 pulling into Riverfront.
5) Music City Star Train 161 has arrived in Lebanon.
6) Deadheading to the Nashville and Eastern Yard.

http://www.musiccitystar.org/

Jim

Date: 05/26/15 20:21
Author: garr

Nice photos. I was in Nashville a couple of weeks ago and did not even think to check out the Music City Star.

BTW, isn't Lebanon, TN the site of the original Cracker Barrel restaurant?

Jay

Date: 05/26/15 20:58
Author: The_Chief_Way

Nice to see a "real" diaphragm on that cab car; not to mention the "classic" F40. 
Yes, I think Cracker Barrel originated in Lebanon, TN.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/15 20:59 by The_Chief_Way.

Date: 05/26/15 21:49
Author: jofegan

Are the gallery cars cast-offs from Chicago?

-j

Date: 05/27/15 00:04
Author: brc600

IIRC, the cars are ex C&NW, the engines ex Amtrak.

jofegan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are the gallery cars cast-offs from Chicago?
>
> -j

Date: 05/27/15 07:48
Author: joemvcnj

This system does not seem as saddled with debt as the ABQ system.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0479 seconds