Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Passenger Trains > Cluster at NYP

Date: 05/27/15 14:00
Cluster at NYP
Author: march_hare

Wires down in Sunnyside so only thru trains and NJT turn arounds can leave NYP. Extensive f/u just in time for rush hour.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/27/15 14:05
Re: Cluster at NYP

No Empire trains out. 3:15 to Rutland hasn't departed, neither 49 or 237. No wire needed for them. What gives?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/27/15 14:06
Author: Lackawanna484

march_hare Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No Empire trains out. 3:15 to Rutland hasn't
> departed, neither 49 or 237. No wire needed for
> them. What gives?
>
> Posted from iPhone

At least on some days, the dual mode trains are towed by an electric motor from Sunnyside into NY Penn.  No idea is that's a common practice.

Date: 05/27/15 14:37
Author: GenePoon

As of 15 minutes ago, power was restored at Sunnyside but things are a mess...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/15 14:42 by GenePoon.

Date: 05/27/15 14:44

Ethan Allen Finally departed 5:25, 2 hrs 10 min late. They announced 237 at the same time, made me think the 2 trains would be combined. Not so. Looks like he'll be running on our blocks north. 

Lots of empty seats, they could have put a bunch of other ALB passengers from the following trains on but didn't. 

Late the for Sure Ltd nowhere in sight. 

Interesting to to see how staff salvaged what capacity they could. Incoming NJT and a couple of incoming Keystones were turned on the platforms and departed.   Made a few lemons into lemonade, but I'd hate to have been an SRO passenger on the corridor tonight. 

Trains that came thru from Boston were unaffected. 

Date: 05/27/15 14:57
Author: abyler

march_hare Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting to to see how staff salvaged what
> capacity they could. Incoming NJT and a couple of
> incoming Keystones were turned on the platforms
> and departed.   Made a few lemons into lemonade,
> but I'd hate to have been an SRO passenger on the
> corridor tonight. 

I took the 4:33p NJT express to Trenont once I saw what was going on.  It was about 80% full, not SRO, departed late but arrived Trenton relatively on time.  Transferring in Trenton to SEPTA which looks like it will beat/tie 653 to Philadelphia.  Was intending to use 129 tonight, but that looks like it is 1 hour late.  I'll be home about 30 minutes later than normal only due to self-reliance.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0417 seconds