Home Open Account Help 249 users online

Passenger Trains > NRHS Convention Excursion Runby

Date: 06/17/15 18:48
NRHS Convention Excursion Runby
Author: melalbert

Tuesday, June 16th afternoon runby on Green Mountain Railroad of NRHS Convention excursion, returning to Rutland, VT from morning trip to Bellows Falls. The sun had finally appeared after a cloudy day with rain.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/18/15 12:47
Re: NRHS Convention Excursion Runby
Author: boejoe

Nice runby.  At first I thought the diesels were the same two locos I saw sitting in White River Junction on Saturday but different road numbers.  Looks like some of the coaches on this train were former Reading Company MU cars that had pantographs removed.  The Pullman at the next to last car in the train resembles Dover Harbor - is that possible?  Anybody have any info on the open-end observation car Macintyre?  (I haven't tried a search yet)

Date: 06/18/15 14:55
Author: melalbert

I was advised that several of the coaches were former Central Railroad of New Jersey commuter coaches. That in fact was the Dover Harbor which came in on the end of the Ethan Allen on Sunday evening, June 14th, bringing many to the convention as evidenced on the drumhead picture below.

Date: 06/18/15 16:33
Author: slangist

re: observation car macintyre. vermont railway system (VTR) does not have an equipment roster on its internally unsearchable site, and google did not turn up any history on the car. best thing found was from the website canadianrailwayobservations.com:

The first week of September, CP ran an OCS over the D&H, Paying visits to Binghamton, Albany and Rouses Point. CP’s VP and COO along with other officials were reported to be riding the train which Consisted of two jeeps and borrowed Vermont Rail Systems, vintage observation car “Macintyre”. Once arriving in Albany at Kenwood Yard the Macintyre had to be turned so the observation end would face the opposite way for the run north to Rouses Point from Albany, necessitating a deadhead run to the “Magic Triangle” a term coined by fellow Railfan Bill Kozel which is the trackage between CPF 478, CPC 24 and CPF 480 which when joined together at there respective control points form an “Unofficial Wye”. The train is seen crossing the Mohawk River between Waterford and Cohoes as it returns back to Kenwood Yard. Dean Splittgerber photo.http://www.canadianrailwayobservations.com/2010/10/oscdhdeansplittgerber.htm

Jamie Yeager
Santa Fe, NM

Date: 06/18/15 17:33
Author: boejoe

Thanks guys.  Your input is appreciated.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0811 seconds