Home Open Account Help 291 users online

Passenger Trains > Proamtrak's trip on No. 3

Date: 06/28/15 21:04
Proamtrak's trip on No. 3
Author: ProAmtrak

Well Tim posted his pics on No. 3 going over the Frost flyover, so since I was on that train heading to LA because I lost a great uncle and heading there for the funueral I'll post some pics from what I saw on the way to LA today, but on a side note, I'm one of those who goes with the good and the bad, I just enjoy my trip and leave it at that considering a lady who talked to me in the lounge this morning saying Amtrak needs to get sued and I just told her you can't control the weather, she tried to claim her case, but I shot each down, including her saying Amtrak will cease to exist and I told her that happens the US will be the laughing stock of the planet, so here's shots that you normally see at night coming from Flagstaff

Pic 1 No. 3 coming into town

Pic 2 One of my favorite conductors, Cedric, signals where to spot it

Pic 3 No. 3 heading towards the signals heading towards the Arizona Divide

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/15 22:41 by ProAmtrak.

Date: 06/28/15 21:15
Re: Proamtrak's trip on No. 3

Pic 4 cruising down Kingman Canyon after a crew change

Pic 5 an Eastbound BNSF Auto Rack climbs the grade up main 1

Pic 6 the Colorado River

Date: 06/28/15 21:32

Pic 7 Nearing Needles

Pic 8 screaming up the Goffs Grade at Ibis

Pic 9 descending the grade soon to be going back to 90

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/15 15:32 by ProAmtrak.

Date: 06/28/15 21:45

Pic 10 coming into Barstow the Cadiz local's ready to go

Pic 11 the Beep

Pic 12 Santa Fe FP45 95 which I'm never gonna forget being in a power set back in 95 on a manifest climbing the Tehachapi Grade with its sanders not working with a lead SD40-2 having the same problem, but a GP60M was the only one that had it's sanders working and stalled near Tunnel 5!

Date: 06/28/15 22:01

Pic 13 and 14 Heading into Union Station pacing Amtrak 784

Pic 15 Irine, one of the best conductors Amtrak has and she's a sweetheart!

Date: 06/29/15 05:02
Author: GP25

Hey Sorry to hear about the lost in your family. Made your great Uncle rest in peace.

Wonderful set of pictures you got. It isn't too often I see any daytime photos of Flagstaff.

Jerry Martin
Los Angeles, CA
Central Coast Railroad Festival

Date: 06/29/15 05:21
Author: andersonb109

For sure Amtrak can't control the weather. Or the conditions of the host railroad. But what they can control is how they react to it when problems arise. Whiteness the recent Zephyr fiasco's where they didn't anticipate the disruptions and didn't have relief crews in place to keep the trains moving once the line was opened to traffic. Add that to locomotives that seem to fail in a regular basis and perhaps that's why there are so many never again passengers. That said, a minor disruption of a few hours isn't worth getting upset about. But 31 hours as was the case yesterday with No.5. would be for all but a few die hards unacceptable.

Date: 06/29/15 06:41
Author: bluesboyst

Dan, very sorry for your loss... May your uncle RIP......Glad you stood up for Amtrak.....we would be the laughing stock of the planet if it ceased to exist....

Regards,

Steve

Date: 06/29/15 08:01
Author: tferk

Danny, here is your train at Milepost 349.5, just up the line from the location in your third photo.

Ted F
Flagstaff, AZ

Date: 06/29/15 08:48

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For sure Amtrak can't control the weather. Or the
> conditions of the host railroad. But what they can
> control is how they react to it when problems
> arise. Whiteness the recent Zephyr fiasco's where
> they didn't anticipate the disruptions and didn't
> have relief crews in place to keep the trains
> moving once the line was opened to traffic. Add
> that to locomotives that seem to fail in a regular
> basis and perhaps that's why there are so many
> never again passengers. That said, a minor
> disruption of a few hours isn't worth getting
> upset about. But 31 hours as was the case
> yesterday with No.5. would be for all but a few
> die hards unacceptable.

Hopefully that gets better, can't wait for Railcity's post since he's one of those who expects a perfect tripalll the time and on a side note my trip to Seattle last year caused the missed connection to 14, but I looked at it that with all the snow during that winter, I was feeling sorry for the people who were stuck at airports beause of that winter of 2013-2014, the main thing is to enjoy your trip, not look at the negative!

Date: 06/29/15 15:33

Great shot Ted!

Date: 06/30/15 10:01
Author: whistlepig

That conductor in L.A. is Irene Aguilar and is one of the best.  She was my conductor off the extra board a few times when my regular C Henry was off sick.  She was a genuine pleasure to work with.  Very efficient, rules knowlegable, humble..........just a great person.  I remember when she first came to us as an A.C.  Turned into a real good railroader.  No big ego there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/15 15:54 by whistlepig.

Date: 06/30/15 17:41

I hear ya Whistle, she's a real sweetheart!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0768 seconds