Home Open Account Help 241 users online

Passenger Trains > Cleveland Browns Charter Train

Date: 08/15/15 17:30
Cleveland Browns Charter Train
Author: Trolleysteve

Today the Cleveland Browns practiced in the morning as usual and then held their after practice press conference. Among the questions was something of interest to this board. The Cleveland Browns are chartering a train to take them from Cleveland to Rochester for a practice session with the Buffalo Bills. Here is the exchange between the media and Browns head coach Mike Pettine.

Mike Pettine Press Conference - August 15
On why the team is taking the train: “You need to talk to Simon (Gelan), my assistant, on that one. He handles all team travel. I just think from a – I’m not sure whether our plane was too big to go into Rochester and we’d have to fly into Buffalo then bus another hour and a half up to- I’ve taken the train before having been in Baltimore and been in New York, going down the I95 quarter on the train. To me, it’s the best way to go. It’s an airplane minus being way above the ground (laughter) and having people search your bags.

On if taking a train was done for team bonding reasons: “No, but its- to me it’s better than a bus, you can relax. Coaches can get a lot of work done. We’ll load tomorrows practice on to our tablets and be able to work on the train. It’s just much more relaxed way to travel.”

On if it is a charter train: “It is a charter train, yeah.”

So keep a look out for an extra train headed to Cleveland.

The expectation is they will leave after a closed to the media practice on Sunday Morning. This practice is taking place at the teams Berea facility in the Cleveland area. Then look for an extra train east of Cleveland in the daylight.

Steve

Date: 08/16/15 07:01
Re: Cleveland Browns Charter Train
Author: inCHI

Does anyone know what equipment it will use? Does Amtrak have spare equipment in Buffalo or some other location?

Date: 08/16/15 07:05
Re: Cleveland Browns Charter Train
Author: Trolleysteve

This was reported on the Cleveland Rails yahoo group. 

When Amtrak 48 went by Berea this morning, behind its 2 locomotives and 11 cars were two locomotives and seven low level cars. I expect they will be uncoupled at the Amtrak station, which is across the street from the Brown's stadium.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0296 seconds