Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Passenger Trains > Playing the ponies -

Date: 08/25/15 15:15
Playing the ponies -
Author: aronco

Surfliner 768 from LAUPT Saturday, August 29th will have the "Del Mar" block carrying the afficionados to Del Mar for the races.  TIOGA PASS will be part of that block of cars handling a special group.  Put $5 on no 6 to show in the 3rd race, please.

Norm

Norman Orfall
Helendale, CA
TIOGA PASS, a private railcar

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/15 15:16 by aronco.

Date: 08/25/15 15:59
Re: Playing the ponies -
Author: agentatascadero

Have fun Norm, and please don't bet more than you can afford to lose.  Funny, isn't it that I would make that comment to a private car owner?   Anyway, considering the dustup over the recent Wine Train evictions, I would wager that the wildness you'll be seeing/hosting will be the sort the Wine Train folks could not even imagine.  Probably will be more like the Reno Fun Train crowd....where they prove on every trip that wildness comes in ALL colors!  Maybe you'll offer a trip report after it's all done.  AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

Date: 08/25/15 17:28
Author: GenePoon

Keep the door locked, Norm!

Date: 08/26/15 15:06
Author: iliketrains

Will you be backing up on the old wye track and parking directly beside the racetrack???????????

Date: 08/27/15 20:11
Author: aronco

Unfortunately, I will have to stay on the car after the guests detrain at Solana Beach.  Therefore, I will follow my old investment stategy - don't bet!
If you are in San Diego between Noon and 6pm Saturday, drop by for a free beverage.

Norm

Norman Orfall
Helendale, CA
TIOGA PASS, a private railcar

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0698 seconds