Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Passenger Trains > US Hwy 2 closure, Essex MT evacuation lifted

Date: 08/31/15 08:18
US Hwy 2 closure, Essex MT evacuation lifted
Author: GenePoon

As of 0600, the Flathead County Sheriff lifted the closure of US Highway 2 and the mandatory evacuation of Essex, MT.  Residents and guests of the Izaac Walton Inn must remain prepared to evacuate again.

BNSF trains continue to operate intermittently.

Date: 08/31/15 09:42
Re: US Hwy 2 closure, Essex MT evacuation lifted
Author: railcity

GenePoon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As of 0600, the Flathead County Sheriff lifted the
> closure of US Highway 2 and the mandatory
> evacuation of Essex, MT.  Residents and guests of
> the Izaac Walton Inn must remain prepared to
> evacuate again.
>
> BNSF trains continue to operate intermittently.

I think  they should keep the inn close until the Fire is gone completely, don't they full Fire Cover thing on the inn?? then in few days evacuate people again.

Date: 08/31/15 09:52
Author: MartyBernard

On Facebook this morning:

[b]Izaak Walton Inn[/b]Happy Monday everyone!
We are excited to report the evacuation has been lifted in Essex as of 6am this morning and the Izaak Walton will be open for business later this afternoon!! 
The Dining Car Restaurant will re-open on Thursday September 3.

Date: 08/31/15 10:59
Author: milepost1208

The photo I saw of the Inn that was taken about 2-3 days ago showed no fire protect cover.  I believe earlier reports I had about it being covered were wrong and I apologize for that.  http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/photograph/4468/5/48360/. They are letting the people return to the area as the weather is predicted to be cooler with higher humidity all week.  I personally do not think many people will want to stay at the Inn until late Fall or early Winter when the threat of either a reservation cancellation or sudden evacuation is over.  Maybe the owners will offer super discounts to fill cancellations....who knows!  --Mary in Whitefish, MT--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/15 11:01 by milepost1208.

Date: 08/31/15 19:39
Author: ProAmtrak

At least they can get back to normal for once, any word on any containment on the fire yet?

Date: 08/31/15 22:11
Author: GenePoon

Tonight, as last night: no fireglow is seen by the Montana MDT Essex camera.  What you do see probably are vehicle lights.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0434 seconds