Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Passenger Trains > Police Officer Shot Near Chicago Metra Service Suspended

Date: 09/01/15 10:49
Police Officer Shot Near Chicago Metra Service Suspended
Author: Out_Of_Service

CNN reporting on Police Officer shot ... the incident happened near a Metra station and train service has been suspended with video showing police all over the tracks ... i'm not familiar with.the area so i dont know the exact location ... would i be wrong saying Rondout is nearby where the Fox Lake trains enter/exit the main ??? ...

seems like it's open season on cops lately ... there was an urbanite protest in Minnesota last week where their mantra was "PIGS IN A BLANKET, FRY THEM UP LIKE BACON" ... FU%#)N DISGUSTING ...

full story here:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/01/us/illinois-police-officer-shot/

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/15 11:20 by Out_Of_Service.

Date: 09/01/15 10:51
Re: Police Officer Shot Near Chicago Metro Service Suspended
Author: joemvcnj

Fox Lake, Lake County - not a place where you'd expect this to happen.

Date: 09/01/15 10:57
Author: kbmiflyer

Article says Fox Lake which is a very far north suburb almost on the Wisconsin Border.  It is at the end of the Milwaukee District North line formerly owned by Milwaukee Road and now owned by Metra and dispatched by CP.

Date: 09/01/15 10:59
Re: Police Officer Shot Near Chicago Metra Service Suspended
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

Police Officer Shot Near Chicago Metro --  Service Suspended

Date: 09/01/15 11:16
Author: PennPlat

Date: 09/01/15 11:20
Author: Englewood

The aerial shots look like it is just east of the Metra Milwaukee North Line - Fox Lake station and coach yard.
The WSOR also uses this line to get to Janesville.

Out_Of-Service, you are correct, the east end of the Fox Lake line is Rondout.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/15 11:22 by Englewood.

Date: 09/01/15 11:25
Author: railcity

This is Amtrak Route of 7&8??

Date: 09/01/15 11:35
Author: pnger64

Date: 09/01/15 11:36
Author: joemvcnj

Up to Rondout (no longer a passenger rail station, also where the old North Shore Line crossed over) is used by Amtrak, then METRA branches off to the west/northwest to Fox Lake.

Date: 09/01/15 12:17
Author: PennPlat

Date: 09/01/15 12:22
Author: Lackawanna484

All Lives Matter

Including Blue Lives

Condolences to the family of the deceased

Date: 09/01/15 12:29
Author: boejoe

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All Lives Matter
>
> Including Blue Lives
>
> Condolences to the family of the deceased

Amen.  R.I.P.

Date: 09/01/15 12:45
Author: NYC4096

The Empire Builder route does not run up the Fox Lake line from Rondout.  Amtrak 7/27 and 8/28 travel north and south of Rondout between Chicago and Milwaukee.

However, some background on the Fox Lake line: once for a short period Amtrak ran the Lake Country Limited service from CUS to Janesville, WI.  I remember quite clearly the start-up of that service, and the hatchet job "expose" not long after by John Stossel about the "heathen" Amtrak service that nobody would use.  What he didn't tell us is the train called on the western Lake Geneva area, a major tourist area for Chicagoans and a potential for traffic growth. The train consisted of one or two cars and a freight car delivering parts to the GM plant in JVL.  Soon after, the Lake Country Limited was pulled by Amtrak.  That is the brief story on the only Amtrak service on the former MILW Fox Lake line.

As far as MILW service on the Fox Lake line, I remember fondly as a kid in the late 50s, seeing orange and maroon GP9 locos pulling the big, clunky heavyweight coaches on that line.  Of course a few years later, the new stainless bi-level coaches were pressed into service, pulled by shiny yellow MILW F and E units and they visited Fox Lake daily.  Fox Lake is an overnight terminal for both crews and trains.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/15 12:47 by NYC4096.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0635 seconds