Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Passenger Trains > News Oct 5 Metrolink schedules

Date: 09/18/15 00:08
News Oct 5 Metrolink schedules
Author: mundo

New Oct 5,   LA   Metrolink schedules eff Oct 5 are now posted on the Metrolink Web Site,  Metrolinktrainsl.com.

Only minor changes,  has increased Sunday service on the San Bernardino Line.

Date: 09/18/15 01:49
Re: News Oct 5 Metrolink schedules
Author: OTG

The changes to the San Bernardino line are pretty substantial.  The weekday schedule was overhauled completely, making it a lot less convoluted (every hour on the hour during the day, every half hour on the half hour during rush hour, and every hour on the half hour in the evening).  

Unfortunately this is actually a reduction and downgrade in service (the old schedule featured 20-minute headways during rush hour), and I don't see the changes to the express trains going very well with the ridership. (No local trains for an hour right at the height of rush hour, the express takes nearly as long as a local with the new stops, and no ability to transfer to a local enroute?)  I personally don't see the rush hour schedule lasting very long without adjustments.

Date: 09/18/15 10:38
Author: MyfordBrowning

It seems that maintaining on the hour and half hour departures at LA during the peak commute time may not be wise. The one hour between local trains from 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM seems odd since I assume many workers get off work at 5.

Are the Amtrak trains (761 & 768) on the Ventura Line going to still accept all Metrolink tickets and passes.

Cliff

Date: 09/18/15 12:47
Author: jst3751

MyfordBrowning Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems that maintaining on the hour and half
> hour departures at LA during the peak commute time
> may not be wise. The one hour between local trains
> from 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM seems odd since I assume
> many workers get off work at 5.
>
> Are the Amtrak trains (761 & 768) on the Ventura
> Line going to still accept all Metrolink tickets
> and passes.
>
> Cliff

And what is wrong with the 5:30 PM departure?

Date: 09/18/15 13:43
Author: wheelnrail

It could cause conflict, you know, because they wont have time to grab some In-N-Out.

Date: 09/18/15 18:11
Author: PHall

wheelnrail Wrote:
> It could cause conflict, you know, because they
> wont have time to grab some In-N-Out.

If there was an In-N-Out anywhere near Union Station.....

Date: 09/18/15 18:47
Author: OTG

jst3751 Wrote:
> And what is wrong with the 5:30 PM departure?

Let's say you're working in downtown LA and you get off work at 5:00p, not negotiable with your employer, and it takes 20 minutes to get to Union Station.  You live in Fontana  and walk to the train station.  Currently there is a local at 5:25 (One  of the busiest trains on the line), which will get you there at about 6:40.  If for some reason you miss the 5:25 train there's another local at 5:45 which gets you home around 7.

When the new schedule is placed into effect, since the ONLY train from 5:00p to 6:00p is an express train which doesn't stop at your station you're now forced to wait until 6:00p NO MATTER WHAT in order to get home (15 minutes later than your "late" option under the current schedule).

As I said, I don't see the new schedule between about 4:30p and 6:00p flying with the ridership.  I haven't even looked at the morning schedule, I'm assuming it has the same drawbacks.

Date: 09/18/15 19:02
Author: ProAmtrak

I got a feeling this new schedule:s gonna be a !ESS, especially on the old Pasadenna Sub where it's mostly single track!

Posted from Android

Date: 09/18/15 19:20
Author: mundo

More lost ridership!

Date: 09/19/15 21:45
Author: DNRY122

And when the Gold Line opens to the eastern edge of Azusa (within walking distance of the historic Pacific Electric station site in Glendora), current Metrolink passengers from north of Covina (such as my daughter) will have the option to "travel better electrically".

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.065 seconds