Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Autumn Express

Date: 10/06/15 11:39
Amtrak Autumn Express
Author: mobujr

Well Amtrak has come thru with a Excursion Train from ALB going thru the Hoosac Tunnel and return on Oct 24-25.Tickets are on sale today and as of right now there are seats both days. Tickets must be purchased from Amtrak which is $129 for the trip. Rare mileage so don't miss out. Train number is 805

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/15 18:13 by mobujr.

Date: 10/06/15 11:58
Re: Amtrak Autumn Express
Author: GenePoon

Booking information (can be hard to find at Amtrak.com):

Book this from SDY (Schenectady) or ALB (Albany-Rensellaer) to AXP (Autumn Express)
on the desired date, October 24 or October 25 only.

Date: 10/06/15 12:39
Author: march_hare

Just bought three tix for this. 

Easiest way way is to bypass Julie altogether, just hit "0" when her voice comes on and tell the next voice prompt that you don't like any of the options. That should get you to an alternate user interface, what used to be referred to as a "human being".  With the train number and destination code, they can fix you up quickly. 

See y'all on board Saturday, the bearded railfan with two fiery redhead Railfan sons!

Date: 10/06/15 12:56
Author: ST214

Got my tickets for Sunday. I have to work for a few hours Saturday in the morning, then I will be chasing Saturday's run. I am hoping to beat the train to East Portal, but I don't know if I will.

If you are on the fence about riding, act quick. As of an hour ago, tickets are still available!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/15 12:57 by ST214.

Date: 10/09/15 08:09
Author: Jimbo

Tickets are still available for both Saturday and Sunday as of 10:30 am EDT Friday, October 9.

Date: 10/09/15 19:08
Author: jp1822

The sellout seemed to go faster when operated out of Philadelphia!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds