Home Open Account Help 224 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Shuttle Drivers?

Date: 11/23/15 08:50
Amtrak Shuttle Drivers?
Author: RS11

Are the contract shuttle drivers Amtrak uses the same type of shuttle drivers the freight railroads use?  I'm thinking along the lines of PTI and those companies who shuttle crews around.  Or does Amtrak have another use for shuttle drivers?  Here's the story I was reading from the BLE&T website.  It mentions Amtrak in the first paragraph.

If this is going to begin applying to companies like PTI, etc. it will be a significant raise with benefits.  I'm not saying all shuttle drivers are lacking but many are and better wages and benefits would help entice better applicants for those positions.

http://www.ble-t.org/pr/news/headline.asp?id=42946

Date: 11/23/15 13:17
Re: Amtrak Shuttle Drivers?
Author: NebraskaZephyr

Yes, Amtrak uses some of the same companies the freight roads do for deadhead and recrew moves. Which ones vary by location, AFAIK there is no national contracted provider. 

For "in-town" moves, like driving crews from the depot to the hotel and vice versa, Amtrak often contracts with a local cab company.

Been a few years since I deadheaded in an Amtrak-provided cab, so the above is open to correction/update.

NZ

Date: 11/23/15 17:52
Re: Amtrak Shuttle Drivers?
Author: ST214

Amtrak also takes advantage of hotel operated shuttle vans where available.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.03 seconds