Home Open Account Help 131 users online

Passenger Trains > Train 2 7 hrs 21 min late out of Tucson

Date: 01/09/16 10:32
Train 2 7 hrs 21 min late out of Tucson
Author: mundo

Train 2 of Jan 8 is  7 hrs 21 min late out of tucson.?

Track work   or  ?

Date: 01/09/16 10:42
Re: Train 2 7 hrs 21 min late out of Tucson
Author: mp51w

mundo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Train 2 of Jan 8 is  7 hrs 21 min late out of
> tucson.?
>
> Track work   or  ?  SOGR?

Date: 01/09/16 10:43

SOGR     means what in english.?

Date: 01/09/16 10:58
Author: The_Chief_Way

oh... I have that one.....something about state of good repair, "as seen on Trainorders,".......no we don't know if it's a 
mechanical issue do we?

Date: 01/09/16 12:03
Author: thetuck

Neither.. freight train involved in fatality east of Maricopa

Date: 01/09/16 14:21
Author: korotaj

over 7 hours?

Date: 01/09/16 17:52
Author: thetuck

Yes, apparently the body was already deceased.

Date: 01/10/16 15:05
Re: Train 2 not quite that late on Saturday morning
Author: toledopatch

The 7-hour thing was wrong. There was some sort of glitch in the Amtrak system that showed wrong schedule times. It was more like 80 minutes late when it left Tucson on Saturday morning.

A fatality near Maricopa, however, does explain why I saw five UP westbounds sitting in the Eloy/Picacho area Saturday morning when nothing was lined to run east by them.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/16 15:08 by toledopatch.

Date: 01/10/16 15:54

How can a glich still be in effect.  It shows  7 + from El Paso, 6 + from Alpine,  Arr SanAntonio 5 hrs 47 min, no departure shown, Lafayette  4 hr 3 min
Something happen!

Date: 01/10/16 16:26

Hmm. I tend to think it was super late. It may have left Tucson but sat somewhere for a long time.
All downline info seems to indicate it was hours late !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/16 18:38 by The_Chief_Way.

Date: 01/10/16 16:49

The published timetable states that No. 2 is due out of Tucson at 0915*, but the web site said on Saturday morning it was due out at something like 0300. It left Tucson around 1035.

Compare the actual times with the timetable, not the web site. Unless, of course, the timetable is wrong and Amtrak hasn't posted any notice about that other than the "Julie" times being changed. The timetable and web-site times did not match.

A new timetable slated to take effect today has similar times at Maricopa and Tucson to what was in effect on Saturday, too.

*-Adjusted to reflect timetable note (69).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/16 16:55 by toledopatch.

Date: 01/10/16 17:47
Re: Train 2 not quite that late on Saturday morning (YES IT WAS)
Author: GenePoon

The printed timetable, including the one dated January 11, 2016 is INCORRECT.

Remember the new, temporary schedule for the Sunset Limited?  Train 2(8) was the first one to
operate by the new, several-hours earlier times, departing Los Angeles at 4pm.  It's just coincidental
that the delay approximated the time by which the train was to operate earlier.

Sunset Limited Trains 1 and 2 and Texas Eagle Train 2/422: Temporary Schedule Change

Effective January 8 through March 13, 2016

Due to track work being performed by Union Pacific Railroad and BNSF Railway, Trains 1 and 2/422
will operate on adjusted schedules, as described below:

January 8 - March 13, 2016:

Earlier Los Angeles to New Orleans Schedule

Eastbound Train 2/422 will depart Los Angeles six hours earlier than the times
shown in Amtrak printed timetables, and operate six hours earlier at all stations
through its arrival in San Antonio. From San Antonio to New Orleans, Train 2 will
operate five hours and 10 minutes earlier. The schedule for Train 22 from
San Antonio to Chicago will not be affected.

Coast Starlight Connection with Train 2/422: Due to the earlier departure of
Train 2/422, Coast Starlight Train 11 will not arrive in Los Angeles in time for
passengers to make connections with Train 2/422. Therefore, Coast Starlight
passengers connecting with Train 2/422 will detrain in Sacramento and board
a bus to Los Angeles that will arrive in time to board Train 2/422.

January 15 - February 19, 2016: Later New Orleans - San Antonio Schedule

Train 1 will depart New Orleans 90 minutes later than the times shown in
Amtrak printed timetables, and operate 90 minutes later at all stations through
its arrival in San Antonio.   PSN 1215-37 (Revised: 01/06/16)

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/16 20:22 by GenePoon.

Date: 01/10/16 18:59
Crappy customer communication

I'm certainly not going to dispute the latest contribution to this thread, but if so, the Amtrak schedule page represents horrible customer communication. For a TWO-MONTH service change, they should take down the bogus 1/10/16 timetable and put up something accurate. At the very least, a banner could be added across the top of the Sunset Limited and Texas Eagle timetable pages alerting travelers to the service advisory, with a (gasp!) LINK.

Merely posting a notice on the timetable that "schedules are subject to change without notice" or even the above service advisories elsewhere on the web site is not enough.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/16 19:07 by toledopatch.

Date: 01/10/16 20:58
Re: Crappy customer communication
Author: casco17

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Merely posting a notice on the timetable that
> "schedules are subject to change without notice"
> or even the above service advisories elsewhere on
> the web site is not enough.
I agree; I looked it up the other day to find out details about the new 4pm LA departure time.   There was no info.  Is that too much to expect?

Date: 01/11/16 07:27
Author: GenePoon

I agree with both of you.  Somebody at Amtrak appears to have an NEC mentality about this kind of
schedule change.  NEC trains are like streetcars...there's another one in a few minutes (figuratively,
but you get the idea) so it doesn't matter if your "normal" train's schedule gets shuffled.  Amtrak's
NEC mentality (after all, Nothing Else Counts) does not permit them to understand that to their
customers outside the NEC, it DOES make a difference if the train that they count on happens
along at 3am for two months, instead of 9am.  It ESPECIALLY makes a difference if it comes
along at 3am for two months, instead of 9am, only THREE TIMES A WEEK.. 

To the Northeastern Elite (this goes beyond just Amtrak...you can see it on the Northeastern
TV stations, and read it in the big Northeastern newspapers), it is as though the rest of the
country doesn't exist...or if they do, they are inferior.  So, you are not like the typical Northeastern
urban dweller?   You live in a standalone suburban home on a clean, well-lit street, or Heaven
forbid, on a home that sits on an acre or two?  Or, horror of horrors, on a FARM where you GROW
PLANTS (legal ones)?  With ANIMALS?  You don't search for blocks to find a parking space for your
battered urban minicar (if you HAVE a car), hoping that it will be close enough to your stuffy fourth-floor
apartment's window so that if somebody tries to break into it to steal something, or to steal the car, you'll
be able to hear them amongst the din of the city?  Then you're not "one of us."  You don't count.  You
don't "belong." Go pay for your own trains...as long as you let US, the Northeastern Elite, run them. 
But By Golly, you should pay for OUR trains, OUR infrastructure, OUR tunnels.  Because WE are the Elite. 
We are "Back East."

I was going to say I am sorry if I offended anyone. But on second thought, I am not...no political
correctness, this morning.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/16 14:43 by GenePoon.

Date: 01/11/16 08:46

Gene
When you're right, you're right ! No apologies !

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2395 seconds