Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Passenger Trains > picture of 2 stations(no trains)and a question

Date: 02/05/16 12:03
picture of 2 stations(no trains)and a question
Author: yarrow

was wandering in seattle while waiting for a train this week and noticed that two classic stations, union station(not used for trains anymore) and king st. station(amtrak, sounder) can be photographed from one spot.  union station on the left and king st. on the right.  pretty nice.  anywhere else that two stations can be captured in one photo?  i will post one from inside union station and one from inside king st. for station fans who haven't been to seattle

Date: 02/05/16 12:33
Re: picture of 2 stations(no trains)and a question
Author: wa4umr

The last time I was a King Street Station was just a few weeks before it returned to it's former glory.  They still had Amtrak passengers in a little side room and you could only see a few snippets of the restored areas.  The time before that was just before a lot of the major work had started.  They were doing a few minor things but the major stuff was several months from starting.  I hope you post some additional photos of the station.

Answering your question, not in Louisville, Ky.  We had two downtown station that were about 3/4 miles apart.  One stands today and the other was demolished 44 years ago.

John

Date: 02/05/16 12:45
Author: desertjack

Nice!  I would like to see more interior views.

Date: 02/05/16 14:40
Author: MEKoch

Nice pics - thanks.

Date: 02/05/16 14:55
Author: toledopatch

You didn't specify United States, so... I seem to recall London St. Pancras and Euston are across the street from each other, too.

Date: 02/05/16 18:43
Author: mp51w

You sneeked a trolley bus picture into a station post!  Cool!
I took these two shots at Fullerton,CA Wednesday night.
I suppose you could get the two stations in one shot.

Date: 02/06/16 00:09
Author: 3rdboxcar

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You didn't specify United States, so... I seem to
> recall London St. Pancras and Euston are across
> the street from each other, too.
>  

Hi

You mean London St Pancras and Kings Cross. [Euston is about 0.5mile away from Kings cross]

Alexander

Date: 02/06/16 03:17
Author: DavidP

Prior to construction of the Mass Pike extension in the mid-sixties the New Haven's Back Bay and Boston and Albany's Trinity Place stations were adjacent.  One example I can think of still in existence today is Omaha, NE.

Dave

Date: 02/07/16 10:12
Author: passengerfan

Here in Stockton a city about a fifth the size of Seattle we have two active RR stations and a third that could possibly reopen if the High Speed Rail line reaches Stockton. The two active stations both serve Amtrak the old Santa Fe and old Southern Pacific. In addition the SP station serves the Altamont Commuter Express to and from San Jose. The third station the former Western Pacific is used by the City for storage. Both active stations have been remodeled and are in great shape. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0476 seconds