Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Passenger Trains > Not exactly the "Super Chief/ El Cap"

Date: 02/09/16 22:07
Not exactly the "Super Chief/ El Cap"
Author: oyw

OK, it's only Metrolink but it is the same right-of-way the Super Chief and El Capitan traversed, once upon a time known as the Second District on Santa Fe's Los Angeles Division. With the leased BNSF AC4400CW's starting to show up with a little more frequency, I've been trying to keep an eye out and last Sunday I noticed eastbound train # 356 with an orange unit bring up the rear.

1) In the first photo, BNSF 5655 is seen going away behind SCAX 897 and four cars near Grove Ave in Upland.  

2) Knowing the same set would be returning westbound in a couple of hours on train # 359, I went back down to the tracks and waited at Baker Ave in Rancho Cucamonga.

3) Twelve minutes and three station stops later, I was barely able to beat the train to the old packing house in Claremont.

Shots like this will probably become an everyday sight until the cab-car issues are resolved but, for now, it's still oddly interesting to me. Thanks for looking.

OYW

Date: 02/10/16 08:53
Re: Not exactly the "Super Chief/ El Cap"
Author: atsf121

I like #2. That does seem odd to see a six axle freight on a commuter train. Wonder if they'll still be running that way when we visit this summer.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/10/16 10:43
Author: SP4360

atsf121 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like #2. That does seem odd to see a six axle
> freight on a commuter train. Wonder if they'll
> still be running that way when we visit this
> summer.

Probably, can't see the SCRRAotem cab cars having a battleship bumper by then.
>
> Nathan
>
> Posted from iPhone

Posted from Android

Date: 02/11/16 17:28
Author: PasadenaSub

Neat pictures, Bob.  The low winter light this time of year does them right.

Rich

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds