Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Passenger Trains > Texas Eagle service disruption in east texas

Date: 04/29/16 21:05
Texas Eagle service disruption in east texas
Author: czephyr17

I see the Texas Eagle #22 shows in service disruption somewhere between Mineola and Longview, TX.  I know there was a lot of severe weather through there this afternoon about the time the train was scheduled to go through there.  Anyone have any details as to what might be happening?

Date: 04/29/16 21:40
Re: Texas Eagle service disruption in east texas
Author: The_Chief_Way

Yes, weather related delays.

Date: 04/30/16 00:15
Author: Railfan83

It appears that 22 may have been annulled and passengers bussed as its still in a service disruption and according to the map still sitting in Mineola, Tx as of 2:06am.  

Date: 04/30/16 04:36
Author: GenePoon

6am local time...it is still there.

Trees down across tracks.

STATE OF GOOD FIREWOOD

Date: 04/30/16 06:30

Looks like 21 is dead in the water too.

Date: 04/30/16 06:54

Sounds like the buses have been called. Folks on 22 have been on it all night. 

Date: 04/30/16 08:40
Author: elueck

it is reported that a tornado crossed both US 80 and the UP west of Hawkins, with a damage zone about 1/2 mile wide.  Based on an eyewitness report, there is considerable damage that needs to be repaired, which is why 22 is stopped where it is, west of the damage.   Today's 22 is still at Austin,  waiting on cleanup of a BNSF rock train coming through McNeil.  21 of yesterday at Malvern, I don't know anything about, except that it may also be weather related between there and Texarkana.

Date: 04/30/16 10:06
Author: Railfan83

Last nights 21 was terminaed at Little Rock and the passengers were bused to points south.  Buses showed up about 7:30-8am at LR Union Station.  I know one bus was for passengers going to stops south to Dallas.  Not sure where the other bus was headed as I did not hear the boarding announcement for that bus.  I can only assume that it was for Passengers headed to Ft Worth to San Antonio and all points in between.  I had not talked to anyone with Amtrak as I didn't want to be in the way.  I am guessing that 21 will be Wyed and head out tonight as 22. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/16 14:55 by Railfan83.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds