Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Passenger Trains > Philly Railfanning During DNC Has Driving Restrictions

Date: 07/15/16 14:51
Philly Railfanning During DNC Has Driving Restrictions
Author: Out_Of_Service

trucks 5 tons and over are going to be prohibited on certain highways through the city ...

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/commercial-vehicles-over-five-tons-to-be-restricted-on-i-95-in-philadelphia-during-democratic-national-convention-300289541.html ...

anyone planning to travel to city during that time there's a website that was created to assist drivers ... here's the travelers assist website :

To assist those traveling to Philadelphia for the convention, PennDOT will launch a travelers' website in July –www.511PA.com/DNC. The website will be a useful tool that provides real-time traffic information; color-coded maps showing how traffic is flowing; and other valuable information. The site will be accessible from both desktop and mobile interfaces.

Date: 07/15/16 14:58
Re: Philly Railfanning During DNC Has Driving Restrictions
Author: andersonb109

Are their any special trains going to either convention this year? 

Date: 07/15/16 18:17
Author: EmpireBuilder

I was a member of the U.P. crew when we did the RNC convention in Philly in 2000.   I wonder if they are doing it as we did it then.   It was quite an undertaking, thats for sure.  

Date: 07/15/16 18:31
Author: Trolleysteve

Cleveland has similar restrictions.

Want to watch NS freights and the RTA Waterfront line in Cleveland on TV? Fox News has a set they are doing shows from that has the former PRR, now NS line in the background as well as the RTA Waterfront line. The Rock Hall is also in the background. The parking lot visible is for the Amtrak station.

On Sunday the Waterfront line is shut down due to convention activities on Cleveland's waterfront. Wonder how this space restriction will impact NS freight service running in the same corridor? Cleveland's Amtrak trains come in after the restrictions are lifted. So no impact there.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds