Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Passenger Trains > Providence, R.I. airport connection question

Date: 07/24/16 06:20
Providence, R.I. airport connection question
Author: ronald321

Does anyone know the best way to get from the Providence airport to the Amtrak station to catch an Acela (not a commuter train).

​Is taxi the only option?

Date: 07/24/16 06:50
Re: Providence, R.I. airport connection question
Author: pennsy3750

Taxi is one option, I'm sure there's probably also a bus.

You could make your way to the airport train station, and use MBTA to get into Providence (the airport is in Warwick) to catch up with Amtrak.  Definitely check the schedule in advance, however, as there is not a huge number of trains south of Providence.

Date: 07/24/16 07:01
Author: PHall

Or you could use one of the ride services like Uber.

Date: 07/24/16 07:43
Author: Lackawanna484

There's a shuttle to the downtown hotels / Amtrak and the airport.

http://www.pvdairport.com/get-here/taxis-shuttles

Posted from Android

Date: 07/24/16 09:59
Author: chendermi

I've never done it, but the Interlink connects to the TF Green rail station.  I've used the Interlink to access rental cars at PVD.
MBTA schedule from the airport station to Providence station is limited, but shown here: http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/lines/?route=PROVSTOU
Looks like RIPTA bus service is also available to Kennedy Plaza from the airport.  It is not very far to walk from Kennedy Plaza to the Amtrak station.

Having said all that, I usually travel with significant luggage (tools), so would be inclined to just take a taxi...especially if it's a one-time connection and not very far by taxi.

Date: 07/24/16 11:00
Author: ronald321

Thanks everyone for the great info.

​I called and there is hourly service between the airport and the Amtrak station and the cost is $11.75  The trip takes about 35 minutes.

​This works for me.  Thanks, again.

Date: 07/24/16 11:24
Author: chendermi

That sounds like a great option.  Thanks for letting the list know.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0869 seconds