Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Passenger Trains > Springfield, MA Bus Shuttle in October

Date: 09/27/16 07:48
Springfield, MA Bus Shuttle in October
Author: mp16

I just checked the Amtrak site to see if all work on the Springfield-New Haven line will be completed on Sept., 30th.  If you wish to ride a shuttle
train during the first two weeks of October the website is still showing cancelled shuttle trains and substitute bus service

Perhaps Amtrak has not decided to update the website at this point but one might conclude the extensive trackwork will not becompleted by September 30th.

Does anyone have any info on what's up ? TIA

Date: 09/27/16 09:12
Re: Springfield, MA Bus Shuttle in October
Author: tmurray

There is still more work going on.  My guess is that we'll see a return to most rail service with the fall schedule change or close to it.

Date: 09/27/16 13:00
Re: Springfield, MA Bus Shuttle in October
Author: BRAtkinson

Living in suburban Springfield, I've revised and even delayed a number of trips because of the stink buggies!  They can't get rid of them fast enough, in my opinion.  BUT...I suspect the stink buggies will be gone before 448/449 gets its sleeper back!  At least there's visible progress in the NHV-SPG corridor from the window of the real trains that still ply the route.  From the pictures I saw last week of Albany/Rensaeller station, the two inside tracks are STILL stub-ended!  It was May or so they took them out to install extend the  platforms, that doesn't seem to have progressed much either.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.028 seconds