Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Passenger Trains > MacGyver having train problems

Date: 10/21/16 17:24
MacGyver having train problems
Author: RevRandy

On CBS right now (8 ET) .... This should be highly realistic - yeah, right.

Date: 10/21/16 17:33
Re: MacGyver having train problems
Author: grether

Filmed at the Southeastern Railway Museum in Atlanta.

Date: 10/21/16 17:35
Author: RevRandy

O, it is really bad! Bad enough to be fun.

Date: 10/21/16 21:20
Author: railcity

I love this show.

Date: 10/21/16 21:54
Author: wa4umr

OK.  for those of us that missed it, could someone give the rest of us a few of the horrible details.  I can only guess.  He used a bunch of straws from the diner and stuck them end to end.  Then he happened to have an inflatable life raft.  He tapped into the trainline and inflated the raft and tied some table cloths or bed sheets together and jumped off the back porch of an Amtrak coach, parachuted into a lazy river and floated to safety.  Am I close?

John

Date: 10/21/16 22:59
Author: Auburn_Ed

Nope.  But he did get the train stopped just a foot short of the bumper in the station (Atlanta?).  They shot the interiors is some old commuter coach (might even have been a prop interior).  Some exterior shots were done with a digital 'train simulator'.  It sure seems as if TV shows are really cutting their budgets when it comes to location footage.  I think that many never go outside of a sound stage for scenery.  And MacGyver 'cuts' a coupler clean thru in less than a minute with a cutting torch made of a steel pipe filled with magnesium (from the armrests) and fiber (from the carpet or seats).  
At my age I seldom watch TV, all the plots are the same, the situations change little, and they are just not very imaginative.  And it seems like if I enjoy a new show , it gets canceled.

Ed

Date: 10/22/16 19:17
Author: Out_Of_Service

Oh No ... It was filmed in Germany ... That's where they said they were ... The engine looked like some European diesel critter model ...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0406 seconds