Home Open Account Help 201 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Pennsylvanians at Lancaster, PA.

Date: 01/12/17 13:44
Amtrak Pennsylvanians at Lancaster, PA.
Author: NS4271

1. Train 43 arriving Lancaster, Pa.  1/12/17

2 and 3. Train 42 with a motor ahead of the diesel.  Arrived about 35 mins. late.

Date: 01/12/17 14:05
Re: Amtrak Pennsylvanians at Lancaster, PA.
Author: Pattenburg

Your second image is a nice one and makes me put that location on my bucket list when I get out that way.

Date: 01/12/17 18:15
Author: cutboy2

About  350  seats  per train??   Real transportation.

Date: 01/13/17 21:56
Author: jp1822

I am sure there are restrictions with the electric and diesel coupled together, but it would be nice if they could run the Pennsylvanian at higher speeds when the electric motor is upfront. Then dump in Harrisburg or Philly! But this doesn't seem positioned right for a "drop and go" scenerio! 

Date: 01/14/17 05:39
Author: choodude

jp1822 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am sure there are restrictions with the electric and diesel coupled together, but it would be nice if they could run the Pennsylvanian at higher speeds when the electric motor is upfront. Then dump in Harrisburg or Philly! But this doesn't seem positioned right for a "drop and go" scenerio! 

I'm not aware of any extra restriction because of an electric and a diesel coupled together.  I believe that a P42 is good for 110 MPH operation, which happens to be the top speed on Amtrak's Harrisburg line.  

The usual reason for an electric motor to be added to the eastbound Pennsylvania in Harrisburg is a failure of the ACSES system on the diesel.

Brian

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0482 seconds