Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Passenger Trains > #6 In SLC

Date: 01/16/17 15:52
#6 In SLC
Author: Searchlight

Amtrak #6 was about 4 hours late into Salt Lake City, UT on January 14. With a scheduled arrival time of 3:05 am it's only when #6 is running late that it can be viewed at a semi reasonable hour. The stop is allotted 25 minutes to change crews, fuel the locomotives and water the train. I don't take many pictures at night so it was fun to experiment. All images SLC UT on January 14, 2017.

(Continued)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/17 16:22 by Searchlight.

Date: 01/16/17 15:56
Re: #6 In SLC

A Utah Transit Authority Frontrunner train leaves the sation in the background heading south as the servicing continues and passengers stretch their legs.

(Continued)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/17 16:24 by Searchlight.

Date: 01/16/17 16:01

With the servicing complete the train gets a green signal and departs east. 

Spencer Evans
SLC, UT

Date: 01/16/17 17:13
Author: Utah5005

Great photos. I was able to catch that guy coming through Provo.

Posted from iPhone

Spencer Peterson
Payson, UT

Date: 01/16/17 18:55
Author: wzd

Very nice photos,

It looks like there are some single level cars in the first photo - as if they were attached to #6 - do you know what they are?

Date: 01/16/17 19:01

wzd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very nice photos,
>
> It looks like there are some single level cars in
> the first photo - as if they were attached to #6 -
> do you know what they are?

They are the locomotive and single level "comet" car belonging to Utah Transit Authority and are on an adjacent track. It is the same train in the background of photo #4. The typical UTA train consists of 3 bilevels, 1 single level and the locomotive.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/17 19:15 by Searchlight.

Date: 01/16/17 19:07
Author: RutledgeRadio

Great photos, reminds me of my trip on the Zephyr to California a few years back. We arrived in Salt Lake City plenty early so we were there quite a while. It was a wonderful thing waking up in the middle of the night, climbing off the train and walking the length of it in the cold.

Date: 01/17/17 00:14
Author: mp51w

I really like the last two shots with the green signal and the red signals reflecting off the car sides.
Also had a Stone IPA beer sighting!  LOL!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.052 seconds