Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Passenger Trains > CZ ticket sales

Date: 02/17/17 12:22
CZ ticket sales
Author: Cupolau

It looks like Amtrak continues to move up their dates for the CZ operating between Emeryville and SLC on a daily basis. Now they're listing the CZ as "sold out" and "unavailable" until the 23rd.  Two days ago they were selling tickets starting on the 21st. Basically, get the money and run (not the train). No pun intended.

Date: 02/17/17 13:05
Re: CZ ticket sales
Author: daniel3197

I will predict that ALL of the former WP will need to be UP and RUNNING Before UP
will allow -Amtrak CZ to resume service west of Salt Lake City.
I mean  ALL of he WP from SAC to Salt Lake CIty, (FRC canyon),  needs to be RUNNING well before the CZ is allowed back.
Edit  Iforgot the former SP LUCIN Causeway also needs to be up and ruunning too (across Great Salt Lake)..
That way there would the alternate freight mainline to the Amtrak route for the UPRR to use. 
That is a rather tall order with the HUGE amount of storm damage from these mega storms.

Amtrak very Easily gets OUT of its tine slot and is usually 1 to 2 Hours late if not more.
That is a major problem from the point of view of the UP as a freight railroad.
I will GUESS that it could be April before this happens -- at the VERY soonest.
As a public bystander that is the way things look to my rather conservative mind.
----Daniel

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/17 13:09 by daniel3197.

Date: 02/17/17 13:31
Author: railcity

Best thing to do Run the trains just to Salt Lake City, until this Mess is all clear up. It might take 1 or 2 months maybe. Amtrak can't be 15 Hours late trains every day of the week P*** off alot onboard people on the trains by running 15 hours late every day for maybe 2 months. Also you don't want too P*** off Amtrak Uncle Pete too.

Date: 02/17/17 13:32
Author: reindeerflame

Maybe the California Zephyr will need to be discontinued permanently west of Salt Lake City, especially if the Feather River Canyon Route is abandoned.  It could bring Amtrak's train back to Las Vegas.

Date: 02/17/17 13:39
Author: The_Chief_Way

How many UP freights get out of THEIR time slots?

Date: 02/18/17 10:57
Author: ProAmtrak

Reindeer and Railcity, you 2 need to get a reality check instead of jumping to conclusions like that, besides, it doesn't take a railroad long to fix things once the weather improves for a long time!

Posted from Android

Date: 02/18/17 11:17
Author: dan

if the water stays down, a single track will be enough, provided MOW doesn't take all the daylight, even with night running Amtrak could be accommodated if you asked me

Date: 02/18/17 17:37

Only bad part is slow orders!

Date: 02/18/17 18:39
Author: railcity

Maybe UP Railroad could Amtrak 20 to 30 Millions to stay off Donner Pass for next 2 months until UP railroad clear up all this mess??

Date: 02/19/17 19:58

railcity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe UP Railroad could Amtrak 20 to 30 Millions
> to stay off Donner Pass for next 2 months until UP
> railroad clear up all this mess??

Railcity, you really don't know how railroads work when they get a chance to repair their track!

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0447 seconds