Home Open Account Help 271 users online

Passenger Trains > Less-than-great interior shots from inside an OCS...

Date: 02/22/17 21:46
Less-than-great interior shots from inside an OCS...
Author: 4451Puff

Yesterday I posted a photo from the inside of a UP theater car to help answer a question posed about some hardware mounted on the outside of a passing officers train...http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,4232567. After posting someone asked if I had anymore interior shots of the office cars. So, the following photos are from a train that was parked & used for hospitality at a government event in Sacramento, CA a few years back. These are some barely mediocre at best photos that I never planned to post anywhere, but since someone asked, and there's probably some interest out there about these cars that the public seldom gets to see, I'll post them now, but I'll warn you again, these are rather sub-par quality.

Desmond Praetzel, "4451 Puff"

Date: 02/22/17 21:50
Re: Less-than-great interior shots from inside an OCS...

The arrangement inside the theater car "Idaho", from back to front, was the theater section, then a very small galley, a conference room, and the restrooms.

Date: 02/22/17 21:53

Next was a dome car. I didn't get the cars name...

Date: 02/22/17 21:58

And, the inside of one of the dining cars. "City of Denver" if I'm not mistaken. Also included in the train were former SP cars Stanford and Sunset. Unfortunately, those were off-limits.

Date: 02/22/17 22:06
Author: The_Chief_Way

Yes, these are of interest. Thanks for posting.

Date: 02/23/17 05:53
Author: gbmott

I can contribute three more UP interiors, the first of a conventional diner and the last two of the upper and lower dining areas of a dome diner.  I can't find the file covering this trip so can't tell you car numbers or even date, though I would guess early '90's.

Gordon

Date: 02/23/17 08:28
Author: SP4360

Nice shots. Are those "Trackulence Bag" holders on the back of the seats? :)

Date: 02/23/17 08:29
Author: irhoghead

Doesn't the UP know that putting flowers on the tables in the diner is going to bankrupt their railroad? Just ask Amtrak.

Date: 02/23/17 09:04
Author: MojaveBill

Theater cars are cool. I've ridden on CSX's and one of BNSF's dome theater cars....

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 02/23/17 09:24
Author: Grand87

Nice pictures, how do them coaches ride?

Date: 02/24/17 18:33
Author: march_hare

Is that the new management on the TV screen in photo 6?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1028 seconds