Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Passenger Trains > Another AutoTrain report

Date: 04/22/17 18:57
Another AutoTrain report
Author: Lackawanna484

My sister was on 52 arriving Lorton this morning. She's a veteran AutoTrain rider. Overall, a good trip.

Full train, 600 people, 30 racks. Lost some time before Florence, lost a little more by Richmond. An hour late out of RIC, lost some more on the RF&P. About two hours to the post. Took almost 90 minutes to get her car. Loader crew seemed fewer than usual.

Business class was about 2/3 full. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/23/17 00:15
Re: Another AutoTrain report
Author: railwaybaron

What about the food?

Date: 04/23/17 04:28
Author: PennPlat

52(22) now down 2:21, approaching VA

Date: 04/23/17 07:37

Food was OK, she said.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/23/17 17:38
Author: jp1822

Didn't they take a lounge off, then put it back on? Not sure what the current status is. I thought it may have been the sleeper lounge and then the train was to be somewhat re-oriented. However, I am not sure if recent photos showed that. Definitely have two diners, but I couldn't tell if there was just a coach/sleeper lounge or one for each class of service. With a 17 car consist, I would think there would be two lounges. Is business class more than just a regular Superliner with business class stamped on the ticket?

Date: 04/23/17 19:55

There were two lounges and two diners when I took it in November.

Although business class may be two by one at some point in the future, the AutoTrain uses two by two Superliner coaches.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds