Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Passenger Trains > #27 Builder Experience

Date: 04/23/17 10:10
#27 Builder Experience
Author: MM171

Is this what I paid the big bucks for? Running 2k miles from Shelby, Mt to Oceanside, Ca. Very good food so far. Sleeper bathrooms atrocious. One out of service. Paper towels scattered all over. Even though we are close to Portland is this a good excuse to neglect some housekeeping? I could not get my Android picture into the post. Golly! Kinda sad!

Posted from Android

Date: 04/23/17 13:50
Re: #27 Builder Experience
Author: railstiesballast

Sounds like an individual employee problem, not my typical experience.
Let Amtrak know.
TO readers cannot make changes, (but we do offer sympathy).

Date: 04/23/17 15:26
Author: sagehen

I'm taking 27/28 more and more often from Vancouver (WA) to visit my daughter in Wisconsin. It's the most economical way for me to travel. I've had only good to excellent service from Amtrak staff. On my last trip, we were stuck in a North Dakota snowbank for 12 hours. The Amtrak people really rose to the occasion and served us well.

I hope trump doesn't get his way and I can continue to take this train!

Stan Praisewater

Date: 04/23/17 15:35
Author: goneon66

was there an unusual crew shortage that could have contributed to this or any other reason?

Date: 04/23/17 16:19
Author: MM171

Full crew. He would only come out of his room at station stops. Heading south on the Starlight now. This attendant is much more involved.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/23/17 16:27
Author: ProAmtrak

That's a lazy attendant since I've seen others do their jobs and keeping the car clean besides the other jobs they're supposed to do!

Date: 04/23/17 17:27
Author: jp1822

Sounds like the car attendant forgot to clean the bathroom when the room likely "turned over" enroute. This is one of the reasons why I like taking the train from where it originates (including full servicing) to its ending terminal location when travelling in sleeper class. I've been aboard the Coast Starlight many times when the rooms have had to be turned and the onboard staff seems to do a good job. But in general, I think they hate doing this.

The Three Rivers was notorious for NYP/Philly and Pittsburgh passengers and then Pittsburgh to Midwest/Chicago passengers. Often passengers (including myself would use the Pittsburgh to Northeast Corridor stops as a day room and then overnight passengers between Pittsburgh and Midwest/Chicago. The Three Rivers attendants would switch out at Pittsburgh. Often if people boarding at Pittsburgh didn't have their "room ready" they were asked to go to the café car where a breakfast (for example) would be served (allowing the attendant to clean the room).

Date: 04/23/17 20:39
Author: czephyr17

jp1822 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like the car attendant forgot to clean the
> bathroom when the room likely "turned over"
> enroute.

I think the OP was talking about the public bathrooms in the sleeping cars, not the in-room bathrooms in the bedrooms. I generally have found the attendants keep these rooms fairly clean. I have seen more problems in the coach bathrooms.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0437 seconds