Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Passenger Trains > Train 1

Date: 04/23/17 20:54
Train 1
Author: stash

How late can sleeper passengers occupy their room after arrival at Los Angeles?

Posted from Android

Date: 04/24/17 04:31
Re: Train 1
Author: viatrainrider

On a trip a year ago, we arrived at 5:45 AM and had to exit the sleeper. Not so awful as that was 6:45 AM on the time we had been on the day before. Think we had a ride in to LAUPT and taken to the elevator that took us to the first class lounge which was open with coffee, danish, juice available. We had planned to go out for breakfast but did not with what was available in the lounge. Instead enjoyed the lounge and looked around the station. When it was time to exit the lounge to board Coast Starlight #14, we exited from the rear of the lounge and were driven with our bags right to our sleeper for the northbound trip. Felt we were well cared for even with the early hour. However, have heard of arrivals as early as 4:50 AM. Not sure if lounge is open at that hour.

Date: 04/24/17 11:32
Author: SunsetLtd

From my experience if the train is early they will let you remain on-board till scheduled arrival time at 5:30am. The Met Lounge opens with the arrival of the Sunset on those days, which is usually about 5am.

Date: 04/24/17 11:36
Author: BRAtkinson

That's good news! I'll be doing the Sunset to Starlight connection in a couple of weeks. But, I may decide to simply stow my bags in the lounge and go down the street to an open cafe that's been mentioned somewhere on this site not too long ago and get a full breakfast.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0316 seconds