Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Passenger Trains > SMART food/beverage service?

Date: 05/19/17 12:22
SMART food/beverage service?
Author: Winnemucca

Now that SMART is on the brink of beginning operations I am curious to know what, if any, plans exist to provide on-board food and beverage service. I have found a brief reference on SMART's website to coffee being available, but no other details anywhere. Maybe someone out there knows more than I do.

John Webb
Trinidad, CA

Date: 05/19/17 13:00
Re: SMART food/beverage service?
Author: mundo

Way not ask SMART the question.?

I would not suspect it, since commuter trains seldom provide any beverage/food service on board.

Date: 05/19/17 13:14
Author: Pullman

I believe the DMU's do have a snack bar space aboard and there is an intention to provide such service through a concessionaire.

Date: 05/19/17 14:37
Author: Railpax71

Discussed earlier on TO: https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,4116002,4117249#msg-4117249 about concessionaire offering wine and beer.

Date: 05/19/17 19:18
Author: shortlineer

I drove by the ROC (SMART Rail Operations Center) located on Airport Blvd in Santa Rosa yesterday and saw a public notice for a liquor license posted on the fence. So yes, I guess they hope to serve beer and wine on the train.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/19/17 22:42
Author: railstiesballast

An input/output question:
What about rest rooms?

Date: 05/20/17 08:37
Author: MojaveBill

I've ridden a number of services like that and none of them serve food or beverages.

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 05/20/17 10:05
Author: 4451Puff

There will probably be food/beverage service at the onset, but what I see happening is the service eventually being dropped as a result of costs incurred from cleaning up after those who can't for themselves, coupled with a desire to maximize profits by turning the vending area into additional seating, or complying with yet-to-be mandated & implemented bicycle /ADA space requirements. We'll see.

Desmond Praetzel, "4451 Puff"

Date: 05/21/17 20:21
Author: Pullman

phthithu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very seriously doubt that will ever happen. The
> trains should have been outfitted with as much
> seating as possible, and room for bikes. Need room
> for bikes. I would expect that the concession
> stands will be turned over to this use, most
> likely.
>
> On the ferries, the concession stands are operated
> by deckhands, aren't they?

Deckhands do not operate the concession stands.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds