Home Open Account Help 192 users online

Passenger Trains > Finally caught the Veterans Cabbage

Date: 05/21/17 15:01
Finally caught the Veterans Cabbage
Author: atsf121

Thanks to the info from walstib I was finally able to catch the Veterans Cabbage on our trip to the LA area last weekend. We stumbled on the low level set Thursday evening a tad after dark just down from our hotel, but the Veterans cabbage had been replaced with another cabbage and a Surfliner F59PHI. No photos because of the light and location, but it was an interesting train to see. So I knew from walstib's info that Sunday was to be my only chance. The morning was busy, but I decided to check TO in the afternoon and saw the news about the mess with the oil cans in Oxnard. Thanks to that info I learned the low level set had already turned and was headed to LA on schedule. I checked the schedule and saw it was due in a few minutes, so I begged for 10 minutes to ditch my wife and her family on Mother's Day (she is a great mom and wife!) and hurried over to the train station in Simi Valley with one of my boys. By the time we got parked and setup looking over the arroyo east of the station, we could hear the train whistling for the Los Angeles Ave crossing. After a quick station stop, here's Cabbage 90208 crossing the arroyo and looking great. After snapping a photo of 122 shoving the train along, we hurried back to my in-law's place to enjoy the rest of a quiet Mother's Day. Thanks again walstib for the schedule and to the rest of TO for the news about the goings on last Sunday so I could pull this off.

Nathan

Date: 05/21/17 15:34
Re: Finally caught the Veterans Cabbage
Author: walstib

I'm glad you finally caught it. I was kind of wondering, but forgot to ask.

Date: 05/22/17 12:24
Re: Finally caught the Veterans Cabbage
Author: PasadenaSub

Great photos, glad it worked out.

Rich

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds