Home Open Account Help 392 users online

Passenger Trains > #21 Texas Eagle for the 25th

Date: 05/25/17 14:58
#21 Texas Eagle for the 25th
Author: trainnut7

#21 for 5-25-17 Just South of Joliet Il, is showing a service disruption. Any body know why?

Date: 05/25/17 18:44
Re: #21 Texas Eagle for the 25th
Author: GenePoon

Reroute-detour and bustitution in Texas account trackwork.

Effective May 25 - June 22, 2017

Track work being performed by Union Pacific will affect Texas Eagle service from May 25 through June 22.

Booking Sleeping Accommodations

To make reservations for Texas Eagle sleeping accommodations to/from Mineola, Dallas, Fort Worth, Cleburne, McGregor and Temple, speak with an Amtrak representative at 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245), or at your local Amtrak ticket office.

Thursday, May 25 - Thursday, June 22: Bus Service between Longview and Taylor

From May 25 through June 22 (except June 8 - see below), the following changes will be in effect: Trains 21/421 and 22/422 will detour between Longview and Taylor and will not make stops at Mineola, Dallas, Fort Worth, Cleburne, McGregor and Temple. Bus service will be provided to and from those stations.
Service will not be provided to Taylor roundtrip from Mineola, Dallas, Fort Worth, Cleburne, McGregor, or Temple.
Also, service will not be available between McGregor and Dallas, between Cleburne and Dallas and from Fort Worth to Dallas.

Friday, May 26 - Thursday, June 22: Schedule Changes

Train 21/321/421 Departs Later: From May 26 through June 22 (except June 8 - see below), Train 21/421 will depart on a later schedule:

- The train will depart Chicago at 50 minutes later and operate 50 minutes later at all stations through its arrival at St. Louis.

- The train will depart St. Louis one hour later and operate one hour later at all stations through its arrival at Taylor. Upon leaving Taylor, the Texas Eagle will resume its normal schedule at all remaining stations on the route

Train 22/322/422 Departs One Hour Earlier: From May 25 through June 22 (except June 8 - see below), Train 22/422 will depart one hour earlier at all stations from Dallas to Chicago.

Thursday, June 8: Bus Service between Longview and Fort Worth
Train 21 (originating in Chicago on June 7) will operate normally through its arrival in Longview on June 8. At Longview, all customers will detrain and board a bus to Mineola, Dallas and Fort Worth. At Fort Worth, customers will transfer to the train destined for San Antonio and intermediate stations.

Train 22 will operate normally from San Antonio to Fort Worth on June 8. At Fort Worth, all customers will detrain and board a bus to Dallas, Mineola, and Longview. Upon arriving in Longview, customers will board the train destined for Chicago and intermediate stations.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/17 19:18 by GenePoon.

Date: 05/25/17 19:02
Author: mundo

Interesting that this will be the 3rd post on the detour subject.  I have done two this month my self.

Date: 05/26/17 15:10
Author: BigSkyBlue

mundo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting that this will be the 3rd post on the
> detour subject.  I have done two this month my
> self.
>

Perhaps a tutorial on "using search" should be mandatory with a TO membership. :)

Looking forward to a ride on the Texas Eagle detour routes in a few days. BSB 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/17 15:11 by BigSkyBlue.

Date: 05/26/17 16:29
Author: badgerexpat

Seems to me that most of this thread is beside the point.

Amtrak's 21 on the 25th was reported as victim of a "service disruption" before it ever left Chicago (which departure was actually on time). Why it would leave Joliet 75 minutes down is an interesting question, and a perplexing one given the nature of the operation on that segment which, I daresay, has nothing to do with the Longview-Taylor detour.

Date: 06/05/17 20:28
Author: mundo

Here it is again, my third post on the subject.

Guess some folks only read TO   once or twice a week.
Upcoming Texas Eagle detour in Texas. Beginning with train 21 on May 24, continuing through and including train 21 of June 21, (22 of May 25 through June 22), the Texas Eagle will take an alternate route through parts of Texas. After Longview, at Big Sandy, train 21 will travel on the former Cotton Belt to Tyler, the former SP to Corsicana, the former T&NO to Hearne and the former MP to Taylor TX, to rejoin the usual route to Austin and San Antonio. During this time, the train will operate one hour later between Chicago and Taylor. Train 22 will divert from the usual route at Taylor, operating on the former Missouri Pacific through Palestine direct to Longview. Train 22 will operate its regular times San Antonio to Taylor, but will operate one hour earlier from Longview to Chicago. Passengers on train 21 for stations Mineola-Temple will detrain at Longview for charter bus service to destination. Passengers on train 22 for stations Temple-Mineola will detrain at Austin for charter bus service to destination. This detour will provide the opportunity for some unusual mileage for rare mileage fans"

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0435 seconds