Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Passenger Trains > 50Cardinal pulling PV

Date: 06/24/17 16:01
50Cardinal pulling PV
Author: AKYtrainNut

Just boarded 50 and walked past the C&O Chapel Hill PV on the back all clean and shiny. Didn't get a chance for a pic as I just barely had time to make it on board because I came in on 338 which didn't arrive until 5:29, cutting it close!

Posted from Android

Date: 06/24/17 17:44
Re: 50Cardinal pulling PV
Author: PRRFan

Chapel Hill on Amtrak #50 Dyer In.
PRRFan

Date: 06/24/17 18:36
Re: 50Cardinal pulling PV
Author: BRAtkinson

It's always great to see a PV on the back of an Amtrak train.

I rode #50 a week and a half ago and was pleasantly surprised to find the sleepers on the rear, where they should be. I started riding the Cardinal on business back in '78 or '79 and was never happy with the sleeper directly behind the baggage car. A year ago, the sleepers were still on the front. But this year, they're in back. But now the baggage car, too? Perhaps it's done to facility baggage loading in CHI, as the baggage 'trains' are a real problem on the platform to boarding and de-boarding passengers. But on the rear, one can't watch out the back window, which is one of my pastimes. Ditto the Lakeshore Limited. Too bad they don't run the trains to keep railfans happy!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0293 seconds