Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Passenger Trains > Chargers in revenue service

Date: 07/27/17 22:08
Chargers in revenue service
Author: sethamtrak

Amtrak 37 and 4613 were the power on one of the Hiawatha sets today. Both engines were online but I couldn't really hear the charger. They added the P42 just for extra protection in case the 4613 was to quit. This thing took off like a rocket with two locos for 7 cars. Will try and catch this set again tomorrow. Taken on 7/27/17 in Glenview.

Seth-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/17 22:22 by sethamtrak.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/27/17 23:38
Re: Chargers in revenue service
Author: SN711

The California Chargers are not yet in solo service, pending the installation of forward facing cameras, or so it has been reported. Perhaps all are waiting for cameras to be delivered. Maybe they should use Amazon Prime.

Gary

Date: 07/28/17 08:14
Author: jst3751

sethamtrak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They added the
> P42 just for extra protection in case the 4613 was
> to quit.

And you know this to be fact how?

Date: 07/29/17 10:14
Author: joemvcnj

Odds are greater the Pooch would quit.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/29/17 22:07
Author: sethamtrak

jst3751: I heard that it was management decision. This from multiple sources.

on a side note - If they were to put the charger in the lead and it failed, with a P42 behind it, can it be used as a control car?

Seth-

Date: 07/30/17 14:39
Author: jst3751

sethamtrak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> jst3751: I heard that it was management decision.
> This from multiple sources.
> Seth-

I am sure it is a managment decision. Pretty hard to do something if a manager does not decide to do so. But that is not really backing up your statement of the other engine is there in case the charger breaks down. OK so it was a management decision. That says nothing about why that decision was made. For example, at least here in California, they are not yet allowed to lead because they do not yet have a forward facing camera installed. So therefore it would be a mamangement decision to put them on a train to start using them, but since it can not lead another engine is added to the front.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds