Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Passenger Trains > AAPRCO over Richmondville

Date: 09/15/17 09:30
AAPRCO over Richmondville
Author: march_hare

Well, a combination of a really early schedule and drizzly weather kept the railfan crowd down for this morning's run over Richmondville Hill. In fact, I had the train to myself for most of the first couple hours.

The first really usable light for still photos was at Central Bridge, photo #1. (Video looked OK in the pre-dawn gloom a few miles earlier, but I haven't figured out how to upload video yet).

With the Route 7 bridge at Richmondville Summit out of service, you can't really chase up the north side of the hill now. So I zoomed all the way to Worcester on I-88 and backtracked to the Brooker Hollow overpass. Signals were set up for a meet, and within a few minutes 22K shows up and goes into the hole.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/17 09:50 by march_hare.

Date: 09/15/17 09:34
Re: AAPRCO over Richmondville

September 15 is a little early for fall colors on the trees, but it's smack in the middle of the goldenrod bloom, so there was a bit of yellow to work with on the ground. The sun made valiant efforts to poke through the clouds, but never succeeded when I was around., either at Brooker Hollow (photo 4) or at Emmons (photo 5)

Date: 09/15/17 09:48

You can't really tell the story of a private car trip without some pictures of the cars, so here's one last look at the train, going away on the south side of Oneonta. Wish I could have chased more. (Wish I could have ridden, even more than that). But duty calls, and I had a big bucks project review scheduled for 10 AM back in Albany. Leaving Oneonta at a little after 8, I made it just in time.

Date: 09/15/17 10:07
Author: dan

getting to see some color!

Date: 09/15/17 10:23
Author: JPB

Excellent colorful photo essay!

Date: 09/15/17 11:18
Author: spnudge

Pic 5 looks like a guy standing there with an orange suit on. Hunter? or I need glasses.

Nudge

Date: 09/15/17 11:22

I zoomed in on the original image. The orange thing isn't a person. I don't know what it is, looks kinda like a piece of orange tarp, but not a human.

Date: 09/16/17 00:46
Author: TrainRidingGal

Shots 2 and 3 are really nice fall shots despite being only Sept!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.18 seconds