Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Passenger Trains > AAPRCO train Friday 9/15

Date: 09/15/17 08:56
AAPRCO train Friday 9/15
Author: JPB

Amtrak special 065 (ie AAPRCO train) was on the D&H at Delanson, NY south of Schenectady at 0640 following two freights to Binghamton, I3K intermodal (eye-three-kay is a 23K that is running off normal schedule or extra) and 287 empty racks. Arrival at Binghamton was around 1000 as 065 moved down the Buffalo runner to QD to gain entrance onto the Southern Tier. Should be at Elmira around noon. Leader is Amtrak P42 #111 followed by a Heritage painted Genesis. Destination is Geneva, NY by way of Corning and the ex-NYC along west shore of Seneca Lake

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/17 08:59 by JPB.

Date: 09/15/17 09:29
Re: AAPRCO train Friday 9/15
Author: RevRandy

Himrod Junction here they come

Date: 09/15/17 12:43
Re: AAPRCO train Friday 9/15
Author: andersonb109

AAPRCP Convention trains are fun to ride. And often cover some very rare mileage. Some of the cars are works of art. Others have simply been restored to their original appearance. Each year, each car that sells public space (not all do) tend to have the same guests on board making for a sort of family reunion each year. While not cheap, if you multiple out over the number of days with all meals included when the train is not stabled at some town, cost is less than some luxury trains on a per day basis and less than Business Class overseas air in many cases. I couldn't make it this but seeing these photos, in spite of the crappy weather make me wish I could have.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0302 seconds