Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Passenger Trains > A Pretty Good Trick by Sunset Ltd, No. 2

Date: 09/21/17 14:27
A Pretty Good Trick by Sunset Ltd, No. 2
Author: Prophoto

Here is a screen grab from mid-afternoon on September 21, 2017. Here we have the Sunset Ltd. #2 south of Las Vegas, NM being chased by the Southwest Chief #4 but still, somehow, on time for its scheduled stop in Alpine, Texas. Wonder how it's going to get there? The crew must be a bit mystified by their surroundings. . . .

Date: 09/21/17 14:36
Re: A Pretty Good Trick by Sunset Ltd, No. 2
Author: mp51w

I just did a screen save of that too! you beat me to the post! Crazy!

Date: 09/21/17 18:13
Author: JimBaker

I see that too.
Who do you contact when things like this happen?

James R.(Jim) Baker
Whittier, CA

Date: 09/21/17 18:34
Author: ColdRainAndSnow

Perhaps took the lead unit off #2 last night at LA to get #4 off on time...presuming #4's lead had a problem before leaving?

Date: 09/23/17 03:58
Author: jeffgeldner

I rode Amtrak #4 out of LA on Wednesday night, 9/20/17, and found the lounge car well stocked with Sunset Limited schedules.

My trip to Albuquerque was a quick turn-around after spending an enjoyable afternoon in Old Town. For my return on #3, my assigned sleeper was listed as car 0330 but evidently the car originally assigned was bad-ordered in Chicago. The yard crew neglected to change the car number so car 0330 was numbered as 5900. Next stop Memphis...

All in all, a good trip. #4 arrived about 30 minutes early into Albuquerque but signal issues in Cajon Pass made #3 about 2 hours late into Fullerton- but just an hour late into LA thanks to padding in the schedule...

Jeff Geldner
Sequoia National Park, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0478 seconds