Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Passenger Trains > Santa Fe passenger train in Osage City, KS

Date: 09/23/17 11:17
Santa Fe passenger train in Osage City, KS
Author: FranklinRHeck

I just bought this picture from Ebay, as a slide and had it reprinted. I would like to find out who took it. The picture was taken in Osage City, KS. The photographer was standing on the north side of Holliday St, looking southwest, with the north end of the depot visible at the left side of the picture. Hope you enjoy it.

Date: 09/23/17 12:40
Re: Santa Fe passenger train in Osage City, KS
Author: MEKoch

Three matched Es. Wow. #12?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/23/17 14:55

I'm not too sure. I really don't know any more about it. I wish I did though.

Date: 09/23/17 16:41
Author: wag216

The photo may have been taken by the late Jerry Mason. He lived in Osage City, Ks and was an employee at the City Power plant. Without any doubt, the train is AT&SF #12. Jerry was also a HO gauge modeler. wag216

Date: 09/23/17 17:51
Author: rww

You did good!!!  Great photo and a wig-wag to boot!  Thanks for sharing this bit of history.  rww

Date: 09/23/17 19:54

wag216 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The photo may have been taken by the late Jerry
> Mason. He lived in Osage City, Ks and was an
> employee at the City Power plant. Without any
> doubt, the train is AT&SF #12. Jerry was also a HO
> gauge modeler. wag216

Jerry had been suggested before, but I have no way to find out for sure. He passed away several years ago. I have kind of a dual interest in the picture, since I've lived in Osage City my whole life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/17 19:55 by FranklinRHeck.

Date: 09/23/17 19:59
Author: jdw3460

A real nice photo. Looks to be a winter mid-morning, probably in the 50's, judging by the car in the picture and the snow in front of it. No. 12 was the only train I know of that had E8M's for power regularly in the late 50's and operated on the Topeka route. That was a great find.

Date: 09/24/17 09:15
Author: dan

great pic! love matched units, rare e's on SF

Date: 09/24/17 18:14
Author: RodneyZona

Great shot!! Old Santa Fe Railroad passenger train based at Kansas City and Emporia, KS, worked between KC and Arkansas City, KS. Emporia and KC based engine crews worked between Emporia and Kansas City. the wigwag signal on Holiday Street in the shot above is long gone now. Santa Fe Railway passenger train#12 in that shot discontinued March 24, 1958. Now Amtrak train#3 pass through Osage City about 1:15am every morning westbound and train#4 pass through Osage City about 4:45am every morning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/17 18:19 by RodneyZona.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.047 seconds