Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Passenger Trains > LA Metro CEO: No Arts District Station

Date: 11/19/17 17:53
LA Metro CEO: No Arts District Station
Author: casco17

The Los Angeles Downtown News, dated 11/20/17, has a brief article about a Current Affairs Forum luncheon attended by Metro CEO Phil Washington on 11/13.
Evidently there has been some interest in an Arts District Metro station at 3rd or 6th Street. I take it this would be on the under-construction Regional Connector. There are no current plans for a station there, and no funds available.

However, the article did mention that Metro is working on improving the Division 20 maintenance facility along the LA river. They want to improve turn around times ahead of future line expansions; I don't know if this means construction of a turn-around loop. Not sure if there is room for that...

Date: 11/19/17 20:23
Re: LA Metro CEO: No Arts District Station
Author: sactobob

The proposed Arts District Station would not be anywhere near the under-construction Regional Connector, but rather at the end of a potential extension of the Red and Purple lines.

Date: 11/19/17 23:03
Author: casco17

Thanks for the clarification. I toured the Red Line facility some months ago, and there were several new residential buildings in the area, including one that overlooked the yard.

Who knows, maybe funds would become available in the future as part of a freeway-and-rail improvement project.

Date: 11/20/17 09:57
Author: SanDiegan

I wonder if the residents, who are paying $2k and up for those tiny apartments, have started complaining about the train noise. I'm sure the environmental issues are killing their house cats :-)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0302 seconds