Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Passenger Trains > CP empty passenger train heads back east.

Date: 11/20/17 18:05
CP empty passenger train heads back east.
Author: Railfan2

The CP presidents special from Friday which spent the weekend in Kansas City headed back east today empty with 2 less F-units which were dropped of for Albia, Iowa for work.

Date: 11/21/17 01:02
Re: CP empty passenger train heads back east.
Author: mp51w

That's quite a menagerie of equipment!
Classy looking, but not exactly a modern image projected.

Date: 11/21/17 05:11
Author: 4489

mp51w Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's quite a menagerie of equipment!
> Classy looking, but not exactly a modern image
> projected.

What would you suggest?

Date: 11/21/17 05:33
Author: AndyBrown

4489 Wrote:
>
> What would you suggest?

I don't want this to sound like a complaint, because it's not, but that train does look OLD! The somber paint scheme and consist somewhat strong on old heavyweight cars does indeed give it an old fashioned look. I'm guessing that CP doesn't care and isn't interested in spending any money to upgrade their train, so whatever we think is beside the point, but I agree with mp51w.

My suggestion, again, assuming CP is even concerned, would be to brighten up the paint scheme and ditch the heavyweights in favor of more streamlined cars. The power is great just the way it is.

I still think it's a neat train and certainly would have been out with the rest of the gang, shooting it both/either days had I not been at work Friday and Monday.

Andy

Date: 11/21/17 06:13
Author: trainboy03

Nice stuff Larry. Saw you out there but didn't have a chance to chat.

Sure seems like CP has a surplus of open platform observation cars with 4 on this train and at least 2 others running on the Holiday Trains.

Erik

Date: 11/21/17 06:18
Author: Railfan2

Thank u Erik! Great weather day for sure

Date: 11/21/17 07:40
Author: robj

trainboy03 Wrote:
> Nice stuff Larry. Saw you out there but didn't
> have a chance to chat.
>
> Sure seems like CP has a surplus of open platform
> observation cars with 4 on this train and at least
> 2 others running on the Holiday Trains.
>
> Erik

No idea of the heritage of their cars but remember reading Morant's book and it seemed each division super had one.

At any rate whats on the inside is probably just as important??? I can only guess the interiors are petty nice.

Bob

Date: 11/21/17 08:41
Author: ghCBNS

AndyBrown Wrote:
> I don't want this to sound like a complaint,
> because it's not, but that train does look OLD!
> The somber paint scheme and consist somewhat
> strong on old heavyweight cars does indeed give it
> an old fashioned look. I'm guessing that CP
> doesn't care and isn't interested.......

CP Does care....and that is just the image marketed as the 'Royal Canadian Pacific' Luxury Rail Tours

http://www.royalcanadianpacific.com/

Date: 11/21/17 20:40
Author: 567Chant

Projects a stolid image to me.
...Lorenzo

Date: 11/21/17 21:16
Author: dan

not really selling trips lately

Date: 11/22/17 10:34
Author: Mark3583

Regarding Andy Browns comments about CP Rails image and the train looking old....
It still sounds like a complaint, and a very narrow minded one at that. Since 1975 when the Federal Government created VIA Rail (Similar to Amtrak)Canadian Pacific was not permitted to run passenger trains. Canadian Pacific however chose to rebuild and refurbish "OLD" equipment in Vintage Canadian Pacific livery to create a special train for events across Canada, which reminds people of Canadian Pacific's rich heritage during the peak of rail travel in Canada. This train is a marvel to see, and crowds love the classic color scheme. Just because something is NEW or SHINY does not mean that it is better. That is an attitude very common among young entitled people these days and does nothing to promote rail travel, in fact it further destroys interest in railways and getting people off of the roads.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0753 seconds