Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Passenger Trains > Metra/UP Operation North Pole Express

Date: 12/11/17 09:19
Metra/UP Operation North Pole Express
Author: kevink

Every year, Metra and UP team up to provide a train ride and a party for 75 seriously or terminally ill children. This year's train is seen here at Cary, IL. Sorry for the unsteadiness as my 11-year-old monopod forgot his winter coat and gloves and was cold... <insert eye roll>. Sadly he did better than I did as the battery for my D80 seems to have developed cold weather issues. Check out the engineer's horn skills!

More information on Operation North Pole on their Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/ONPChicago/

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/11/17 13:41
Re: Metra/UP Operation North Pole Express
Author: livesteamer

Very cool graphics!!

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Date: 12/11/17 18:14
Author: RuleG

Thanks for posting the video. I did enjoy listening to the horn.

Date: 12/12/17 09:45
Author: Bob3985

What a great effort for a great cause. And an engineer who can play Jingle Bells on the horn. I have to admit I never tried that in all my years behind a throttle.
While on the steam crew we did provide some Make-A-Wish rides for the terminally ill kids. Those were heart breakers.
Thanks for posting this great news.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 12/12/17 23:32
Author: mp51w

Imagine that! A matching set of equipment!
Cool video, and the slight movement is not unlike most TV shows these days.

Date: 12/13/17 10:44
Author: fehorse1

What a noble cause, and the engineers whistle articity (sp.?) just adds to it. Like Bob, all my years behind the throttle, I've never tried it.

Pete Replinger
Shelton, WA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0615 seconds