Home Open Account Help 395 users online

Passenger Trains > Movies-Asian with trains on netflix.

Date: 02/19/18 18:09
Movies-Asian with trains on netflix.
Author: Lairport

"Railroad Tigers" Jacki Chan China 2016, Chinese resistance vs. Japanese Occupiers approx. late 1930's era.
"Age of Shadows" Korean 2016, Korean resistance vs. Japanese Occupiers approx. early 1930's era.
I like foreign films, both of course are action films. Both films railroad action filmed in North China with steam.
The Korean film is best watched in Korean lang. with subtitles according to critics do to poor dubbing of English.

Date: 02/19/18 18:37
Re: Movies-Asian with trains on netflix.
Author: RuleG

Here are two Asian movies which are not action films:

A Japanese movie with railway scenes is "Shall we Dance" (AKA "Shall we Dansu). Not to be confused with a an American remake with the same title.

"Last Train Home" is about some people who are part of China's 130 million migrant workers who travel back to their home villages for the New Year's holiday. This is considered to be the world's largest human migration.

Date: 02/21/18 04:55
Author: jparnot42

Train to Busan is available, at least here in Korea. It is a campy zombie spoof...people either love it for its quirkiness or hate it. It helps to have some knowledge of Korean culture to really understand the different characters. You get to see the KTX train (French TGV type bullet train) as well as locals which have SD40T-2 looking engines.

Jason
[zombie free] Busan

Date: 02/21/18 21:05
Author: cchan006

RuleG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A Japanese movie with railway scenes is "Shall we
> Dance" (AKA "Shall we Dansu). Not to be confused
> with a an American remake with the same title.

Specifically, Seibu Railway's Ikebukuro Line.

Great job by the movie director to chose that line to tell the story of a typical Tokyo resident with a midlife crisis.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I'll repeat it. World's Richest Man (briefly in the 1980s) was CEO of Seibu Railway. He was later convicted for insider trading, and served jail time.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0417 seconds