Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Passenger Trains > Trip report #6

Date: 04/14/18 07:18
Trip report #6
Author: Winnemucca

Had a good ride on #6 leaving Emeryville April 11. On the plus side the train was clean and employees friendly, efficient esp. my sleeper attendant Christina. On the down side we were on time until Ottumwa when BNSF began throwing freights in our way. Arrived Chicago 2 hrs, 12 mins late.

Waited for #5 somewhere east of Plano and saw a PV on the end. I guess PVs still ok??

One more gripe: There was no, and I do mean no printed information or promotional material available anywhere on the train. No Amtrak system maps, no timetables, no route guides, no posters, no advertising of Amtrak routes anywhere to be found. Why the paucity of printed informational and promotional material? I know it’s available on the internet, but there is no wi fi on the train and lots of people still rely on old fashioned ink on paper.

There was one printed on paper item duplicated many times over: A poster, at least two to every car, with an anti-sex trafficking message. A young woman staring into the camera being manhandled by, presumably a pimp. I’m fine with those sorts of messages getting out there but when it’s the only thing to look at for three days it gets creepy. Where where Amtrak managers who should have been looking out for this?

John Webb
Trinidad, CA

Date: 04/14/18 07:31
Re: Trip report #6
Author: joemvcnj

They spent how many millions relaunching a website that didn't need relaunching and they saved how many thousands by not printing anything ?

Date: 04/14/18 07:55
Re: Trip report #6
Author: carsoncity

On my my most recent LD trip (#7), the sleeper attendant provided paper timetables he had printed at his own expense.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds