Home Open Account Help 249 users online

Passenger Trains > BNSF 4367 on late Amtrak train 8 4/16/18

Date: 04/18/18 02:23
BNSF 4367 on late Amtrak train 8 4/16/18
Author: cozephyr

BNSF 4367, 9-44CW, was added to Amtrak train 8, the Empire Builder, ahead of Amtrak 63. Train was running late when it picked up Amish passengers at snow covered Tomah, Wisconsin, April 16, 2018. Temporary Amtrak shelter on site as depot was closed for renovations along the former Milwaukee Road line now operated by Canadian Pacific.

A sizeable Amish settlement is found in Monroe County near the towns of Wilton and Tomah, Wisconsin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/18 03:22 by cozephyr.

Date: 04/18/18 03:37
Re: BNSF 4367 on late Amtrak train 8 4/16/18
Author: andersonb109

Everyone at Amtrak management should see these photos. They clearly show that long distance trains are not novelty transportation. These people depend on the train, and in bad weather as well. Because they don't drive or fly, how would they ever get to their destinations without the train?

Date: 04/18/18 04:16
Author: ClubCar

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everyone at Amtrak management should see these
> photos. They clearly show that long distance
> trains are not novelty transportation. These
> people depend on the train, and in bad weather as
> well. Because they don't drive or fly, how would
> they ever get to their destinations without the
> train?
I agree and this is why ALL of us on here should be sending in letters, e-mails, telegrams, whatever to our elected officials in Washington, D.C. to properly fund Amtrak, especially the long-distance trains that so many really do depend on to get around. Please do this folks.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 04/18/18 06:21
Author: cardo72

How late was the train in picking up these passengers?

Date: 04/18/18 07:53
Author: MM171

ClubCar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> andersonb109 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Everyone at Amtrak management should see these
> > photos. They clearly show that long distance
> > trains are not novelty transportation.

Many years ago I grew tired of the total rudeness that has invaded the airlines. The train became my desired mode of transportation when I had to rule out getting to Point A via the Dodge. I have to travel 100mi to board a Superliner but that has become a moot point. Only when it is up most necessary that I arrive by tomorrow will I travel 50mi to get on a cramped CJ200 jet to get wherever. Second, I laugh when I hear about subsidizing Amtrak. It is a drop in the bucket as to what the airline industry enjoys. Who paid for building the depot in Havre, Mt? Who paid for building the airport in the same city? Who is paying for essential air service to Havre?

Date: 04/18/18 20:36
Author: ProAmtrak

Good point MM! BTW which Amtrak engine crapped out on no. 8!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds